20-06-08 06:47 PM
TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES
TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES
State rules do not provide for any format for application for seeking information under RTI Act 2005. Applicants can therefore use format annexed herewith
A] Application Fee
Fee of Rs.10/- which can be paid by affixing non-judicial court fee stamp on the application and cross signing by the applicant. This stamp is available with stamp vendors in/near courts. There are other modes of payment of Rs.10/-, which are costly and inconvenient. They are:
- By Demand Draft or Bankersí Cheque in the name of Accounts Officer, name of dept/office to which application is submitted payable at the place where application is filed.
- By depositing in SBI / RBI through any Government treasury, sub-Treasury / Pay and Accounts Office under the following head of Account: 0075. Miscellaneous General Services Ė 800. Other Receipts Ė BK. Collection of fees under Tamil Nadu Right to Information (Fees Rules) 2005.(DPC: 0075 00 800 BK 0006)
- By direct payment in cash in offices with facilities to receive Cash against proper receipt.
B] Other charges:
- Fee payable is Rs.2/- per page created / copied for A4 / A3 sizes; actual charges for larger paper;
- Actual cost / price for samples / models;
- For inspection of records Rs.5/- per hour or part thereof. First hour is free.
- Rs.50/- per floppy / diskette where information is available in that form;
- Actual cost of books and other printed matter.
Charges can be paid in the mode stated under A supra
a. Rules provide no format for first/second appeal or complaint.
b. No fees are charged for appeals.
c. Guidelines and suggested formats for appeals/complaint are available at following locations which can be suitably amended with minor changes.
Second appeal/complaint should be addressed to the State Information Commission at following address and not to Central Information Commission,
NOTE: The Tamil Nadu Government has promulgated Rules in Sept 2012 for the Appeal procedure to be followed by the TNSIC. They are attached to this article.
4. ADDRESS OF STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION:
TamilNadu State Information Commission
Tamil Nadu Information Commission
No.2, Sir Theagarayar Salai, Near Aalai Amman Koil,
Teynampet, Chennai - 600 018
(Post Box No. 6405, Teynampet, Chennai - 600 018)
Phone : 044 - 24312841 - 48, Fax: 044 - 24357580
Email : State Information Commission@tn.nic.in
6. Present State Chief Information Commissioner:
Thiru K. S Sripathy IAS (Retd)
State Information Commissioners:
Dr. R. Perumalsamy
Thiru T Srinivasan
Dr. (Tmt.) Sarada Nambi Arooran
Following State Information Commissioners were appointed on 01 March 2011.
However their appointment has been stayed by the Madras High Court.
Dr. P.A Ramiah IAS (Retd)
Thiru C Manoharan
Thiru A Arumuga Nainar
7. Proactive disclosures and names of SPIO and First Appellate Authority of the Commission are not available on its website
8. Format for RTI Application
THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION
Date________ By regd./speed post AD
STATE PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER,
1. Name of the Applicant:
2. Full Address with phone No
3. Particulars of information required, which kindly provide:
4. Details of payment of application fee:
Non-judicial court fee stamp of Rs.10/- is affixed on the top hereinabove. OR Demand draft/bankerís cheque No. _______dtd. ______for Rs.10/- is enclosed. OR Cash of Rs.10/- has been paid against enclosed original receipt No.________dtd__________of your dept.
5. Details of enclosures [if any]: Photocopies of _______
Encls: Signature of Applicant
9. Short guidelines:
1. Decide the exact information you desire to have with period etc. This is important part of application. Make sure that information pertains to Tamilnadu Govt/organization.
2. Locate the exact SPIO/ASPIO and his address of concerned Govt. office by visiting website of relevant ministry/dept/undertaking etc [called Public Authority i.e. PA] or by contacting on phone local office of PA. Visit official website of TN Govt- tn.gov.in
3. If you cannot get it as above, address application to SPIO of Head Office/ Secretariate of relevant ministry/P.A. to whom the information may pertain. He will mail to correct SPIO within five days of receipt of your application. For information of a district, send to SPIO of Collectorate/head of the district.
4. Obtain bank draft/bankerís cheque in favour of Accounts Officer of the PA or as directed in web-site. Non-judicial court fee stamp should be preferred, it being cost effective and convenient.
5. Attach self-attested photocopies of papers, which you think would help locate the information by SPIO.
6. Retain photocopy of entire set including bank draft/bankerís cheque etc.
7. Mail by speed/regd. AD post. Avoid courier/hand delivery. Usually RTI applicants are not welcome at govt. offices.
8. Carefully retain postal proof of mailing and AD
9. Proceed to file first appeal if no reply is received within 35-40 days from mailing application. If reply is received, but is not proper then you have to file first appeal within 30 days of receipt of reply.
**********************************************All the best************
Total Views: 1,705,168