06-27-2008 10:32 PM
UP RTI Rules 2005
UP RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES 2005
No format is prescribed for application under the rules. Applicants may use format annexed hereto by typing or legibly writing on plain paper in English or Hindi.
A. Application fee: Rs.10/- to be paid by bank’s demand draft or pay order [banker’s cheque] or Indian postal order or in cash against receipt. Applicants holding BPL certificate need not pay any application fee.
B. Other charges: Information in A-3 or A-4 size paper….Rs.2 per page, Large size: actual cost, publications: actual cost. CD: Rs.50/- per CD. Inspection: Rs.10/- for first hour and Rs.5/- for every 15 minutes or part thereof thereafter.
C. Since name of payee of D.D./P.O./IPO is not clear, enclose blank crossed IPO with a request to fill-in the same.
Rules do not provide for format for first appeal or second appeal/complaint. No fees are charged for appeals. Please note second appeal/complaint is to be addressed to UP State Information Commissioner at following address and not to CIC, Delhi
4. Address of UP State Information Commission:
The UP State Information Commission,
615A Indira Bhavan, Ashok Marg, LUCKNOW [UP]
Contact details: Phone: 0522-2288599, Fax: 0522-2288600
email: sec-State Information Commission@up.nic.in
State Chief Information Commissioner
Mr Ranjit Singh Pankaj
Tel: 0522-2288599, Fax: 0522-2288600
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/cic.pdf
State Information Commissioners
Major Sanjay Yadav
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O), (05742)231761 (R), 9412305346 (M)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/SYADAVCV.html
Mr Virender Kumar Saxena
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O), (0522)2253628 (R), 9415047700 (M)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/VKSAXENACV.html
Mr Ram Hari Vijay Tripathi
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O), 9415084008 (M)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/RHVTRIPATHICV.html
Dr Ashok Kumar Gupta
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O), (0522)2781838 (R), 9415111649 (M)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/AKGUPTACV.html
Mr Sunil Kumar Chaudhry
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/SKCHAUDHRYCV.html
Mr Subhash Chandra Pandey
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/SCPANDEYCV.html
Mr Ram Saran Awasthi
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/RSAWASTHICV.html
Mr B K Mishra
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O), (0522)2446764 (R)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/BKMISHRACV.html
Mr Gyan Prakash Maurya
Tel: (0522)2288598 (O)
Bio Data: http://upsic.up.nic.in/gpm.html
RTI activist in UP for RTI:
Shri Manish Sisodia,
350/4C,Vartalok, Vasundhra, Ghaziabad - 201310
Cell: 09868875898, email: email@example.com
UP State Format for RTI Application:
THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005
APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION
Date: REGD AD
PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER
1. Name of Applicant:
2. Full Address with phone No.:
3. Particulars of information required:
4. Details of payment of fee:
I enclose herewith crossed blank Indian postal order No.____________ for Rs.10/-. Please fill-in name of payee, since I could not locate correct name of payee. Please refer section 5  of RTI Act 2005.
I belong to BPL family; photocopy of my card/certificate is enclosed herewith.
5. Details of self attested other enclosures [if any]:
6. I am an Indian citizen. Kindly rush the above information to me.
Signature of Applicant
Short guidelines for applying:
1. Decide the exact information you desire to have with period etc. This is important part of application.
2. Locate exact Public Information Officer/APIO and his address of concerned Govt. office by visiting website of relevant ministry/dept/undertaking etc [called Public Authority i.e. PA] or by visiting/contacting on phone local office of PA.
3. If you cannot get it as above, address application to Public Information Officer of Head Office/ministry to whom the information may pertain. He will mail to correct Public Information Officer within five days of receipt of your application.
4. For filing fee of Rs.10/-, IPO should be preferred as it is cheap and is available at nearby post office. Since name of payee of IPO is not clear in RTI rules, enclose blank crossed IPO with a request to fill-in the same, under sec 5 .
If you are under BPL, do not pay Rs.10/-. Just enclose self-attested photocopy of BPL card/certificate.
5. Attach self-attested photocopies of papers, which you think would help locate the information by Public Information Officer.
6. Retain photocopy of entire set including bank draft/pay order/IPO etc.
7. Mail by speed/regd. AD post. Avoid courier/hand delivery. Usually RTI applicants are not welcome at govt. offices.
8. Carefully retain postal proof of mailing, AD and official acknowledgement if received.
9. If you do not receive reply within 35-40 days, including postal delay, prepare to file first appeal to the FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY. You have 30 days time from the date when information should have reached you, for first appeal.
10. If you receive reply and are not satisfied with it, then within 30 days of receipt of reply by you, you should file first appeal.
11. For first appeal please visit:
12. For second appeal or complaint please refer:
13. It is advisable to consult local RTI NGO/activists for first and second appeal for better results. Consultation is normally free as a social service.
WE GET GOVT WE DESERVE. WHAT DO YOU PLAN FOR 2013?