[CENTER][CENTER][LEFT]Application Fee and Mode of Payment
- Application fee of Rs. 10.00
- Application fee is Rs. 100.00 for information regarding administrative or quasi-judicial decisions (to be given only to the affected persons)
- Fees to be paid in cash/DD/BC in favour of (please see Rule 9iii in the attached pdf document)
- Application to be made in Form A (available in the pdf attachment to this post)
- Application will only be accepted between 1100 to 1300 Hrs.
- If application is made in electronic form, the application fee must be deposited within 7 days
- Rs. 5.00 per page
- Rs. 10.00 per page for “urgent”
- At the price fixed for publications
- No mention if inspection is allowed and the fees for inspection
- Date of application will be the date on which all fees have been paid
- First Appeal to be made in prescribed format (available in the pdf attachment to this post)
- First Appeal fees are Rs. 50.00 payable by court fee stamp
- First Appellate Authority is the Registrar (Establishment)
Some Interesting points
- Information about decisions which are taken administratively or quasi-judicially shall only be given to the “affected persons” (there is a CIC order against this rule)
- Following categories of information shall not be disclosed:
That, which is not in the public domain or does not relate to
juridical functions and duties of the Court and matters incidental
and ancillary thereto.
That, affecting the confidentiality of any examination conducted by
the Gauhati High Court or administration of the affairs thereof. The
question of confidentiality shall be decided by the Chief Justice
whose decision shall be final.
That can be obtained under the provisions of the Gauhati High
Court Rules 2007 in case of the High Court and its Permanent
Benches and under Gauhati High Court Civil / Criminal Rules for
the subordinate Courts. Such information may be obtained by
adhering to the prescribed procedure and payment of fees
prescribed in the Gauhati High Court Rules, 2007 and Gauhati
High Court Civil / Criminal Rules as the case may be.
- The Rules provide for penalties fixed by the court:
For delay in furnishing information, Rs. 50.00 per day subject to a maximum of Rs. 500.00
For supplying false information a penalty of Rs. 1000.00
- RTI Application can only be filed between 1100 and 1300 Hrs.
The complete original rules are also attached to this article. Various forms and amendments are at the end of the pdf document.
The list of APIO’s/PIO’s and AA’s is available in Appendix – I on page 6 of the attached pdf document.