Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: High Court case

Thanks friend for your message.

It will be totally wrong to say High Court for State matters and Supreme court for Central matters.

It is matter of jurisdiction. All state High Courts must come under Supreme court of India.

My suggestion was based on the fact that in Consumer Protection Act - the National Commission verdicts can be challenged only in Supreme Court of India. I want a similar shield for RTI ACT 2005.

CHEERS.
    Debashis

› Find content similar to: High Court case

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Debashis,

I might be wrong about this, but my reasoning was that each state legislature has passed the RTI Act for their state. Therefore the jurisdiction will lie with the respective states' High Court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Friend

It is a clear legal situation where all State High Court judgements can be appealed in Supreme Court of India.

Hence I am suggesting that CIC verdict should be challenged only in Supreme Court of India like in the case of National Consumer Council judgement under Consumer Protection Act (COPRA).

CHEERS!
    Debashis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i think to fight corruption one has to be redy to fight upto last. the judiciary will play its own role as per the provision of the constitution. if few cases are dismissed by the various courts the government will not approach the judiciary

The jharkhand court decision is very much in favour of the RTI. The fifteen page decision is very clear that section 8(1)(d) is not applicable wherever any document is for public intrest.The appeal dismissed by single bench has been accepted by double bench and the petition of the government(LPA) has been dismissed.

i had taken the case right from the PIO, appealet authority, Information comission, high court twice to fight out the public cause.

I strongly feel that now time has come when an association of RTI is made state wise, district wise and at national wise to put joint effort. The poors are neither able to approach the comission what to talk about High court and supreme court.

The association should take up at comission level and state high court. Wherever the matter is referred to supreme court the national association should take up the matter at that level.

The association should have members from all catogeries including advocates, doctors, engineers, businessman, professors etc who can study the information and do everything so that the goal is acheived.
    Bijay Sarawgi
    Swastik House
    Upper Bazar, Gandhi Chowk
    Ranchi-834001( Jharkhand)

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

bjsarawgi,

Congratulations for your long drawn out efforts and your success !
    I want to volunteer for your proposed association.
    When you have the thoughts ready, please let me know what to do.
    Last edited by karira; 15-08-07 at 09:36 AM.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Can you all post the suggestion for improvement of RTI Act in this thread:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/rti-ge...tionality.html

This is a Ask for RTI query, and we would miss these fine suggestions if we do not keep things organize.

Thank You.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I am quotting a personal example akin to the Single Bench Division Bench issue. I had filed a complaint before the Hon'ble Lok Ayukta. It was heard by an 'Upa Lok Ayuktha' and of course rejected it on various factors which I prefer not to discuss due to involvement of 'Contempt of Courts Act'. He has refused to post it before the Division Bench of the Lok Ayuktha. I fought it out and won - of cource using RTI Act. I was heard by the Division Bench of the Lok Ayuktha. After my arguements the Hon'ble Lok Ayuktha has made a passing comments - of course humourously . "Col, this is similar to the servant dismissing a begger and the Lady of the house scolding the servant on his authority to dismiss a begger . She calls the begger back and dismiss him by herself as it is her prerogative". He has conveyed the authority of so called Division Bench so lovely. Of course he also dismissed my complaint on lack of jurisdiction as the judgement of the Division Bench placing me squre-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks.i will surely come back to you. I feel somebody from delhi should take initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    bjsarawgi,

Congratulations for your long drawn out efforts and your success !
    I want to volunteer for your proposed association.
    When you have the thoughts ready, please let me know what to do.
    Bijay Sarawgi
    Swastik House
    Upper Bazar, Gandhi Chowk
    Ranchi-834001( Jharkhand)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast