Topic Identifier

Thread: No reply to RTI / appeal applications

1. No reply to RTI / appeal applications

Hello....

First of all thanks for adding me as a member to this RTI forum..
    I need your help on certain RTI queries stated below :

I had written a RTI application to BMC for obtaining some information pertaining to a small hotel constructed on a road and situated in front of our house, for which they have given us the satisfactory reply.Further to which we had place an appeal towards some points & asking for the documents (like License, etc),however its more than 45 days, we havent received any reply?

Unable to understand the further step ,please guide us onthe same.

Thanks once again

Regards
    Nikhil

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: No reply to RTI / appeal applications

nik_in,

Welcome to the forum.
    If you were satisfied with the first reply recieved after your application, there was no need to go in for 1st appeal. The 1st appeal cannot be used to get more information or additional information. 1st appeal is only for the purpose of "appealing" against the reply that you recieve/not recieve.

The best way is to apply once again to BMC, under RTI, and ask for the information/papers/documents that you now want.

Re: No reply to RTI / appeal applications

I had applied for information under RTI act for basis of Guideline value fixation for a village. The registartion dept has send reply that committiee headed by collector has decided it and then when the same question was posted to Collector office they told that the concered SRO has fixed it(by letter) and to contact the Sub Registrar office(SRO) but 3 months has passed from the collector office letter i had not received any reply
    please advise me to proceed to whom

4. Re: No reply to RTI / appeal applications

Dear Yuvaram

a. RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide
    1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO
    2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),
    First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)
    3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

b. U can file fresh application for information as the case is time barred for first appeal.

For detailed information on how to draft & file an RTI application, please see the "All About RTI" links on the homepage & RTI Guide section of the portal.

AND

How to make RTI application effective (by JPS Sir) : https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...effective.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android