Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Time limit RTI
Views: 1872 | 27-06-07, 09:57 AM #1Well Known Member
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 0 Post(s)
Time limit RTI
I filed an application seeking information under RTI Act on 15.06.07. The PIO transferred the information to another PIO after 15 days instead of stipulated 5 days. The PIO who received the application after 15 days of my origibal date of application takes 30 days time to furnish the information. Whether the PIO is correct that he will furnish the information within 30 days of receipt of application from the first PIO? What is to be done if the first PIO transferred the information u/s 6(3) after 15 days instead of stipulated 5 days?
› Find content similar to: Time limit RTI
27-06-07, 03:56 PM #2
Re: Time limit RTI
If the application was submitted to PIO No. 1 and was transferred to PIO No. 2, the following should happen:
1. The total number of days for reply are 30 + 5 = 35 days.
2. When you get the reply from PIO No. 2, make sure it is within 35 days.
3. If not within 35 days, appeal to the first AA and then to SIC/CIC, as applicable, for the time delay.
4. Several decisions of the CIC penalising the PIO No. 2 for delay.
5. In your case, even PIO No. 1 is liable to be penalised because of
transferring the application after the 5 days time limit.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->