Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Appeal

Re: First Appeal

Is there is aform for first appeal or we have to draft an appeal?

2. Re: First Appeal

replying to Mr. Dubey.No form for first appeal is prescribed under central rules. Under many states rules form for first appeal is prescribed,normally titled : form B. It may be noted that the Act does not provide for any format.
    Last edited by narayanvarma; 20-07-07 at 11:08 PM.

3. Re: First Appeal

Dear Shri H. K. Dubeyji,

I have recently uploaded format for RTI application, first appeal and second appeal/complaint for central govt. information,with short guidelines on my blog. I hope it would be useful to you. Your comments/suggestions on it are welcome

4. Re: First Appeal

Thankyou very much for your posting of First Appeal format under RTI Act 2005. It is really very useful.

5. Re: First Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by p.esakkimuthu View Post
    The first appeal to the Appellate Authority was routed through the PIO himself.Instead of forwarding the appeal to the Apellate Authority, the PIO himself further replied on the appeal.Is it correct on the part of PIO to reply instead of forwarding the appeal? what action is to be taken for this action of PIO?Whether a complaint u/s 18 will lie?
    Since, it is a strange, therefore, some points are required to cleared out. Kindly made the following points clear:-
    1. Had you mentioned anywhere in your letter that it is the first appeal?
    2. To whom had you addressed your letter : AA or PIO?
    If you had not mentioned that it was first appeal or the same was not addressed to the AA, then PIO must have treated it as a clarification and replied to you accordingly. If this was the case, the PIO was not at fault.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android