Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

1. Re: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    Karira thank for the prompt reply, There is now another turn in the story.
    I went to PIO regarding inspection as it was mentioned in his hearing.
    PIO told me that A.A has denied give inspection as the same is private property. They have come to this conclusion after discussing matter with SIC
    Welcome to the wicked wicked world of babu dom Nile0611. (Of course there are many decent babus in this list, so with full respect to them I do not wish to flame on.)

1. Do what Karira has said "5. Immediately give another RTI application to the same PIO asking about what happened to the original RTI application, the complete process " etc.

2. Send a complain letter to the AA giving a step by step details on the events you have just described to us. Ask him to send you a reply within a week by FAX or email followed by a post copy.

3. File a 3rd RTI Application with the PIO of the SIC, seeking information if the SIC had advised the above PIO not to allow you to inspect on the grounds that they were "private property" etc.

4. If no response is received from the AA within 10 days, go in for Second Appeal / Complain under Section 18 & 19 of the RTI Act with the SIC.

The RTI Application at Sr. 1 & 3 above should be treated seperate cases and not mixed up with the current case, when you go in for appeal at Sr. No.4 above.

Best wishes

Manoj

Re: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

3. Neither the <ACRONYM title="Public Information Officer">PIO</ACRONYM> nor the AA (or even a applicant) can go to
    <ACRONYM title="State Information Commission">SIC</ACRONYM> and "discuss" a matter or consult them.
    Does a Petitioner or a Respondent go to the Judge in a court
    and ever discuss anything ?
    The <ACRONYM title="State Information Commission">SIC</ACRONYM> is a Judicial body with powers of a court.
    They cannot discuss anything with anyone, off the record.
    I have to revive this old post after so many months. Since I have a similar issue (Plz see quoted text) & I do not want to clutter this forum.

I was denied file inspection under similar pretext.

The SPIO informed me that She has sought clarifications from the Registrar of the SIC and file inspection shall be made once clarifications received from the REGISTRAR?

I am attaching a portion of the said reply for the members to see and comment.

Also please give your comments on "Apply Separately" reply on various queries?

Sidharth

Last edited by sidmis; 07-06-08 at 09:24 AM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

sidmis,

Under Orissa RTI Rules and Orissa SIC appeal procedure, the registrar is not vested with any powers to offer free consultancy, advice, suggestion to either the appellant or the respondent or any third party - officially or privately. He also does not have any powers to decide any appeal/complaint officially.

Immediately file another RTI application with this PIO asking:

Under what section of the RTI Act OR any other Act/Law in force, has she taken this step to seek clarification from the registrar of SIC.

Under Section 4(1)(d) please give me reasons for this "administrative decision" to consult the registrar of the SIC, since I am a affected person.

Ask for inspection of complete file relating to this RTI application.

Simultaneously (to block all exit routes), file a RTI with the Orissa SIC asking them for certified copies of any rules/ regulations/ etc..whereby any citizen, Public Authority or third party can approach the Registrar for clarification/suggestion/advice/etc.

Simultaneously (to block all exit routes), file a <ACRONYM title="Right to Information">RTI</ACRONYM> with the Orissa <ACRONYM title="State Information Commission">SIC</ACRONYM> asking them for certified copies of any rules/ regulations/ etc..whereby any citizen, Public Authority or third party can approach the Registrar for clarification/suggestion/advice/etc.
    Already Done. Reply awaited from PIO of OSIC.

What about "Apply Separately" issue?

Is it advisable to go for complaint or FA?

Sidharth

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sidmis View Post

What about "Apply Separately" issue?

Is it advisable to go for complaint or FA?

Sidharth
    Depends on the wording of your original RTI Application.
    Better to go for First Appeal - much easier, cheaper and faster.

Is there a E book in pdf format on RTI book available that i can carry with me.

Also what if they are laying a trap for me by cornering me with absurduites. I know i will have to brave it out

7. Re: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

In my view dress is not important. They will not give you jobs.They are calling you due to the RTI act. I did not agree that RTI book is required.Yes it is required to go through your act which you refer in appeal.Where required you can ask them to show the act. Every body doesn't carry the law for fighting.
    Main thing you should be bold to ask the thing which you have asked. Behave politely but rightly. Try to present your views with logic.

Main thing you should be bold to ask the thing which you have asked. Behave politely but rightly. Try to present your views with logic

I agree with u sir

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android