Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

Quote Originally Posted by vikrambakshi67 View Post
    Is there a E book in pdf format on RTI book available that i can carry with me.
    It is available at many places on the net. Here's one such link: http://pmindia.nic.in/nac/communication/draft_rti.pdf

› Find content similar to: I have been called for hearing what to do..?

Name:
    vikram
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir

RTI act text is of course available but i have seen some books like RTI digest of cases explaining each case in depth.

Name:
    Sumit Chaturvedi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I have a question. I too have been called for a first appeal hearing, surprisingly even when I mentioned I donot wish to attend the appealing. Anyways I want to know what happens after the appeal hearing is over. Do i get the decision of the FAA then there in writing or do i get it by post later? or is there any protocol for such things?

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Sumit you should feel happy that you have been called for hearing. Despite my specific request for a hearing in my FA, the FAA has chosen not to call me and has decided the matter all by himself.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Sumit,

If you can, always try to attend the hearing yourself.
    This has double benefits - firstly it shows the FAA and PIO that you are indeed serious in getting the information and secondly you can argue out all matters yourself there and then since you know your case the best.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Sumit Chaturvedi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ya Karira, I know. Thats why I just want to know:
    a) in a first appeal hearing am i supposed to complain abt the pio (he didnt reply to my application)
    b) am i supposed to take something in writing . for example the list of sections under which i asked for the appeal or the list of violations.
    c) should i point out to the faa abt his failure to send me an AD back or the time that elapsed whn the reply was due.
    d) do i get his decision in writing just after the meeting or later by post.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumitjournalist View Post
    a) in a first appeal hearing am i supposed to complain abt the pio (he didnt reply to my application)
    b) am i supposed to take something in writing . for example the list of sections under which i asked for the appeal or the list of violations.
    c) should i point out to the faa abt his failure to send me an AD back or the time that elapsed whn the reply was due.
    d) do i get his decision in writing just after the meeting or later by post.
    a) You do not have to do anything if you haven't received a reply to your RTI application ! Under Sec 19(5) the onus is on the PIO to justify his denial of information. If asked to say anything by the FAA (after the introductions), just say "Sir under Sec 19(5) of the RTI Act, please ask the PIO to justify ........"
    Then listen to the what the PIO replies and take it on from there.

b) Just take the copies of your RTI application, First Appeal, proof of payment of application fee, proof of submission of both (postal receipt or AD card will do) - since you did not receive anything from the PIO/FAA.

c) These points would have been part of your grounds of appeal and the prayers/relief sought. Just read them several times so that you are confident. Mention them as the hearing goes along so that the FAA takes your suggestion for improving the RTI process in his own organisation.

d) I think some decision should be given there and then verbally (or at least you will get a good hint about it). The written order of the FAA will come to you by post most probably. I have never come across a FAA who gives his order there and then.
    The FAA has 30 days to pass an order from the date of receipt of your appeal. He can take another 15 days (maximum 45 days total) provided he records the reasons for the delay of extra 15 days in writing.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Sumit Chaturvedi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

ok thanks for the tips. let me attend the hearing and then i will get back to you if i need more information. thanks for the guidance..