Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

1. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

Karira,
    I am writing a separate mail to the CIC Mr Wajahat Habibullah, requesting him to recommend initiation of appropriate departmental action against the persons concerned on the basis of the available press reports and if necessary after conducting an investigation in the matter.

2. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

I am a doctor. I understand the implications of the case. I have read the judgment in details. The whole sequence of referrals and consultations reflects an alarmingly lackadaisical attitude towards human suffering. On one day it is said that the patient is unfit for surgery. The very next day the doctor asks for a stabilizer, an instrument costing nearly 0.5 lakh rupees !! So what was the game plan ?? I have read the hospital director's rejoinder in the HT. It clearly shows that she may be anything but certainly not a medical doctor. Her statement is unscientific, medically untenable and in fact ridiculous. Why didnt she apologise for the uncouth behaviour of Dr Satsangi instead of trying to come to his defence?? If the head is like this, God alone can look after the patients. I request CIC to kindly take up the matter with the Chief Secretary of Delhi.

Now, coming to Gandhigiri, we must help Dr Satsangi. He should be persuaded to undergo counselling. RTI must take up this matter with the Health Ministers at centre and state. After adequate councelling, he may prove to be a great boon to the society. And all this can be achieved through Gandhigiri only.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 06-07-07 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Moderated.

3. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

Dear Karia,
    Reference to Kushal was for relation ship between Doctor and patient he is a doctor.

Regarding your specific query on Gandhigiri, you got the answer from another Doc.

Kudos to DocVigilant for supplementing with the facts
    Last edited by maneesh; 06-07-07 at 04:28 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

maneesh,

I really do not know if you have read my post in another thread:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ask-rt...-rs-100-a.html

(It is long and ranting post Nr. 10 on that thread)

For the last two years, I have come across babus who only evade and pass the buck (in Hindi there is a good phrase....apni topi utar kar doosre ke sar par dalna)
    That is why I started reading the RTI Act for the first time.
    And that is how I landed up in this forum.
    If even here, we cannot do anything about it, where do you expect me to go, boss ?
    Should I run away and migrate to Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan ?
    No sir, I was born in this country and I will die in this country.
    And before I die at least I want to have the satisfaction that I did my small iota or epsilon bit, for the benefit of my country.
    Whether I use "gandhigiri" or RTI, I really do not care.

5. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

As everything reported in here quoted from the newspaper is 'alleged'; I am inclined not to let this thread take it's own course as of now.

The matter is; not providing free treatment to BPL, and not the operation per se and is what this forum should focus upon. Any good samaritans should post the link or upload the decision, and let us see if there are chances of further getting information regarding the issue.

A change of surgeon, does not substantiate 'allegation' reported upon by newspaper, and direction of CIC is only for something like changing the judge upon request of him being bias by an applicant and therefore should be discounted proportionately.

The whole sequence of referrals and consultations reflects an alarmingly lackadaisical attitude towards human suffering. On one day it is said that the patient is unfit for surgery. The very next day the doctor asks for a stabilizer, an instrument costing nearly 0.5 lakh rupees !! So what was the game plan ?? I have read the hospital director's rejoinder in the HT. It clearly shows that she may be anything but certainly not a medical doctor. Her statement is ...
    This in fact is a sad part of the system, which is something RTI should systematically harp upon.

If we all agree to this extent, I would like to propose to help improve the subject (This time the Hospital in reference), by consolidating the functions of the subject, the practical perceived standards and it's effectiveness, formulating action plan to hit the pitfall of the subject primarily by getting information from the hospital by all means including RTI and consolidating and analyzing them to be submitted to competent authorities.

It would indeed require Man Hour of time and consistent zeal throughout the stages.

6. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

health is the most neglected subject byall. due to this doctors and their group control allmost all hospitals.no right to patient.no voice to get redressal.( for name sake there is consumer law)
    rti is a great boon to the lay man

7. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

To me the issues at this point of time include:
    1 ALLEGED misbehaviour by a public servant at his place of work: Not denied by the doctor/director/Delhi Govt.
    2 UPDATE: From reliable sources, patient's case sheet has been extensively tampered with. Fresh entries include: Patient's attendant misbehaved. "Alleged" yes but does anyone care for the truth?
    3 UPDATE: From reliable sources, the Director "allegedly" lied to the HT reporter. One look at the RTI file should seal the issue. But does anyone care for the truth?

8. Re: Loss of faith: CIC directs GB Pant Hospital to change surgeon of patient who filed RTI

The issue No.2 -(alleged) extensive tampering of the patient's case sheet, makes the whole case into one with very serious implications for the hospital administration and others concerned. I am sure, in the days to come we will be hearing more on this, with various RTI groups and other human-rights activists escalating the issue at higher levels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android