Results 1 to 1 of 1
Views: 2479 | 22-09-06, 12:04 AM #1
Disc proceedings against other cannot be revealed under RTI
Central Information Commission
Decision No. 287/IC(A)/2006
F. No. CIC/MA/A/2006/00417
Dated, the 20th September, 2006
- Name of the Appellant: Sh. A.J. Gedam, “Jagannathshree”, 13-A, Vanjarinagar, P.O. Ajni, Nagpur – 440 003.
- Name of the public Authority: State Bank of Hyderabad, Regional Office, Rachna Sansad, 1st floor, 278 S.G. Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai – 400 025.
Facts of the case:
- The appellant, an employee of the Bank, had sought information relating to the disciplinary proceedings initiated against another lady officer, and the complaint filed by her against the appellant.
- The CPIO refused to furnish the information on the ground that information sought relate to another person, the disclosure of which is not in public interest. Hence, exempt u/s 8(1) (j) of the Act. The appellate
authority upheld the decision of the CPIO.
- Since there is no overriding public interest in disclosure of information sought, the denial of information by the CPIO u/s 8(1) (j) is justified.
- The appeal is accordingly dismissed.
(Prof M. M. Ansari)
› Find content similar to: Disc proceedings against other cannot be revealed under RTI