Thread: Third party information

1. Third party information

The EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND RGANISATION REFUSED TO FURNISH INFORMATION TO ME ON THE PF CCUMULATION OF INDIVIDUALS DESPITE LETTERS OF NO OBJECTION FROM THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.Please cite some CIC decisions in this regard

2. Re: Third party information

If the refusal of information to you is u/s 8.1(j) of the RTI Act, then you can appeal against such a refusal on the strength of the individual letters of no-objection issued in your favour. Please state the full details of the case/refusal to enable us to understand the matter clearly.

Name:
    R.S Rama Chandra Murty

Re: Third party information

Quote Originally Posted by p.esakkimuthu View Post
    The EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND RGANISATION REFUSED TO FURNISH INFORMATION TO ME ON THE PF CCUMULATION OF INDIVIDUALS DESPITE LETTERS OF NO OBJECTION FROM THE INDIVIDUAL CONCERNED.Please cite some CIC decisions in this regard
    I understand that RTI over rides all otherlaws pertaining to the laws that govern banks. In that case customer privacy that is eing touted by the Banks cannot stand before RTI. Is it correct?

4. Re: Third party information

Welcome to this portal.
    The best way would be to file application by the person, whose info U desire from EPFO. Details of bank accounts of individuals cannot be divulged as banks are required to maintain confidentiality of dealings with bank and this has been upheld many times by CIC. However, in your own case cited above PIO should have at the most given 10 day notice to the person whose info U are accessing and on receipt of his NOC, PIO should part with the details to U. U can appeal to FAA by refering to my blog on section 8 and first appeal.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by rsrmurty View Post
    I understand that RTI over rides all otherlaws pertaining to the laws that govern banks. In that case customer privacy that is eing touted by the Banks cannot stand before RTI. Is it correct?
    If you are refering to Section 22,then you are right to an extant.There is no law which akins blank cheque,though RTI Act is the best closest to that. Any law/Act you refer to is always wrt/relative to/in context to ,and various interpretations thereof by the expert practitioners. Divulging of third party information , be it bank account,PF accounts,or any other personal information , should and does have strict checks and balance system.
    Last edited by opsharma; 27-06-08 at 11:22 AM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Can you please share with us:

1. What was the exact reason and under what section did the PIO reject your application for information ?

2. Did the PIO refer the matter to the "third party" ?

Based on the replies to these, you can decide whether to go for First Appeal and what will be the grounds of First Appeal.