Topic Identifier

Thread: 5 Women receive pension by simply attempting to File RTI's

1. 5 Women receive pension by simply attempting to File RTI's

5 women receive pension by simply attempting to file RTI's

Ramkaran works with NGO in Tilona. He assisted 5 women in attempting to submit their Right to Information applications. The applications asked for information on their pending cases of old age pensions. As soon as 5 applications presented to the SDM, he directed the concerned officer to bring the filed related to five women to his office. The concerned officer stated that the applications were pending that the women had not submitted their birth certificates. The SDM instructed the officer to release their pensions & verify the birth dates from the patwari. the women was immediately given pension for the last 4 months. This entire incident took place without SDM accepting the RTI application.

--> source:TVchannel:Kannada.

2. Re: 5 Women receive pension by simply attempting to File RTI's

Good work Nethra. Continue your posts actively in the forum.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: 5 Women receive pension by simply attempting to File RTI's

Putti,

Can you please continue posting such items.
    They will not only encourage the many guests who visit this forum but also give "ideas" to many of us as to in what all areas can we use RTI to the citizens benefit. Some of the cases I have read are amazing and just go to show that we citizens can be very "innovative".

4. Re: 5 Women receive pension by simply attempting to File RTI's

I app reciate PUTTI's thread. I am happy to note that PIO has responded so quick and positively.He should be thanked if his address is known.I in contrast have received negative and unfavourable reply from one PIO stating that such information on self matters is 'PERSONEL' AND EXEMPT u/s 8(1)(j).i am making appeal on it.if this is the interpretation of this clause then RTI ACT will crumple. if anyone wants to read that order i shall email it.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android