Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appeals under RTI

Re: Appeals under RTI

Do you know of any other States that charge for First and Second Appeals ?
    I don't know about other states, but for Orissa the fees for First Appeal is Rs. 20/- and Second Appeal is Rs. 25/- and that too not in cash but in the shape of Court Fee.

2. Re: Appeals under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    If you are sending the appeal by email then you should also send the message with READ RECEIPT If the person opens the message then a mail will be sent to you that the mail has been read by the person.
    I am afraid Manees, this is not correct. The receiver can disable his email client, to not send back any receipt.

However, let me tell you, that our Government is not stupid. They already recognize emails as a valid form of communication. Full details below

In accordance with the Pulic Records Act, 1993 the DARPG
    has laid down rules for email managements. This is what it says

1.3 The Government of India recognizes e-mail as one of the forms of communications and, therefore, e-mail
    messages, must be managed in accordance with the approved records management policies and procedures.
    These guidelines explain how to apply effectiverecords management practices

• to create, use and manage e-mail messages,
    • to identify e-mail messages as departmental records when required,
    • to identify the e-mail messages fit for destruction.

Futher

The Public Records as defined in the Public Records Act, 1993, includes the following:

• any document, manuscript and file:
    • any microfilm, micro fiche and facsimile copy of a document:
    • any reproduction of image or images embodied in such microfilm (whether enlarge or not): and
    • any other material produced by a computer or by any other device, of any records creating agency.

Full details available here, its a doc file

https://darpg.nic.in/arpg-website/eReference/e-mail-mgmt.doc
    Manoj

3. Re: Appeals under RTI

I have a suggestion which can be persuaded especially for email filing of application.

The email application should invariably contain a sentence of acknowledgment to be sent by the PIO in the same in a day, or else the sent mail should be treated as complaint by CIC.

4. Re: Appeals under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    I have a suggestion which can be persuaded especially for email filing of application.

The email application should invariably contain a sentence of acknowledgment to be sent by the PIO in the same in a day, or else the sent mail should be treated as complaint by CIC.
    When email is free, there is no harm in CCing all copies of email to the AA and also registrar of CIC.

Furhter, the NIC is exploring digital signature facility and offer them to Indians. Very soon, we will be able to avail this service, so major hurdles in this set up will be overcome.

Manoj

5. Re: Appeals under RTI

When email is free, there is no harm in CCing all copies of email to the AA and also registrar of CIC.
    That's a junk, and no effective purpose is served, and should be discouraged and I would not recommend.

Digital signature is for authentication of the sender and receiver and cannot guarantee any read receipt. Digital signature contain public and private key, and in encrypted during transmission, and the holder (if at all opened by receiver) secures and make the sender authentic.

I am not sure, how that will ensure that the applicant knows that his email is received. If Manoj, you have information about further plans of NIC to expand the Digital Signature, with whom I am in regular touch, let me know for more exploration.

6. Re: Appeals under RTI

This is an interesting debate on this thread and I hope there is soon a solution and Appeals are possible by e-mail! Wish Kushal and his devoted team all success in efforts!Hari Gautam Obhrai.
    Hari Gautam Obhrai

7. Re: Appeals under RTI

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    That's a junk, and no effective purpose is served, and should be discouraged and I would not recommend.

If Manoj, you have information about further plans of NIC to expand the Digital Signature, with whom I am in regular touch, let me know for more exploration.
    Kushal has his right on opinion regarding CCing of emails being junk. So I cannot start a flame war on this topic.

NIC is currently offering Ditigal Signature Certificate to Government Employees only. Check following pdf file whose link is given below, for more details, facilities for citizens has not yet started

https://www.indiapost.gov.in/App_iMOsmart_cards.pdf

Hari Gautam Obhrai, in one if its decision, the CIC directed the CPIO to respond to the issued show cause notice by "personal submission, mail or electronic means at whabibullah@nic.in on or before 20.6.2007." Check following link for decision

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_13062007_01.pdf

Manoj

8. Re: Appeals under RTI

KARIRA:ur thread of 15.7. in IT ACT there is no requirement of depositing desputed demand before filing an appeal. As to fee,many states rules provide for appeal fee. e.g.ARUNACHAL: RS 50.KARNATAKA:RS.50 ORISSA AS PER MY INFORMATION APPEAL FEE IS RS40 and not rs20 as noted by SIDMIS. RS.2o is filing fee for application to PIO. As desired by u ,i shall make complete list of many if not all states when i have some spare time .However let me note here that fee for PIO appli. itself is varying from state to state.In HARIYANA and TAMILNADU it is rs 50 ..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android