Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appeals under RTI

1. Re: Appeals under RTI

KARIRA:ur thread of 15.7. in IT ACT there is no requirement of depositing desputed demand before filing an appeal. As to fee,many states rules provide for appeal fee. e.g.ARUNACHAL: RS 50.KARNATAKA:RS.50 ORISSA AS PER MY INFORMATION APPEAL FEE IS RS40 and not rs20 as noted by SIDMIS. RS.2o is filing fee for application to PIO. As desired by u ,i shall make complete list of many if not all states when i have some spare time .However let me note here that fee for PIO appli. itself is varying from state to state.In HARIYANA and TAMILNADU it is rs 50 ..

Re: Appeals under RTI

ORISSA AS PER MY INFORMATION APPEAL FEE IS RS40 and not rs20 as noted by SIDMIS
    Dear narayanvarma,
    Are sure about the Fees for Orissa? From where you got the info on orissa?
    First Appeal = 20/- (Court fee stamp)Second Appeal = 25/- (Court fee stamp)
    My source is this -https://www.orissasoochanacommission....Rules,2005.pdf
    This is the latest amendment as per my knowledge.

Sidharth

3. Re: Appeals under RTI

Thanks to Sidharth for correcting me. My information was based on Jan 2006 edition of NABHI publication under the title "RIGHT TO INFORMATION ONE SHOULD KNOW". After getting his message, yesterday I bought the latest edition of that book (Jan 2007). In this edition, information is given as per amendment 2006 w.e.f 30.5.2006. Now the fees are: Application to PIO Rs. 10/-, Application for 1st appeal Rs. 20/- and application for Second Appeal Rs. 25/-. It is interesting to note that different modes are provided for different fees. For Fees to PIO Treasury Challan/ Cash, for both appeals court fee stamp, fees for providing information by cash. Now that I have bought this revised edition, as was informed by me earlier I shall be preparing the table of fees in different states and post it on this thread or as may be desired

Narayan Varma

It is interesting to note that different modes are provided for different fees. For Fees to PIO Treasury Challan/ Cash, for both appeals court fee stamp, fees for providing information by cash.
    And there's one more anomaly. For BPL category there in no application fee. But for 1st & 2nd Appeal they have to cough up the fees as usual.
    So while making your list make a separate column for BPL categories also.
    If you need any feedback/Input in this endeavor of yours then come back to the forum.

Sidharth

5. Re: Appeals under RTI

Hi Manish,
    Will you please elaborate about read receipt . Coz i dont know how to use it . As its really a valuable tip.
    Nick
    NICK CHAUHAN

6. Re: Appeals under RTI

I shall make the attempt as desired.shall come to the forum for help,though presently i do not know how one goes to forum.Would someone tell me how.

Dear Narayan varma,
    You are making a fine effort. But instead of using Nabhi's or any other publications it's always better to go the website of concernced SIC's and download the latest amendments. That will give you more authentic data.

Sidharth

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

I have tried to get the maximum information for the "Fees for Application and Appeals" in various States.

I am still missing:

Kerala
    Goa
    Pondicherry
    West Bengal
    Assam
    Nagaland
    Manipur
    Tripura
    Mizoram
    Sikkim
    Meghalaya
    Himachal Pradesh
    Bihar
    Uttar Pradesh
    Uttarakhand
    Jharkhand
    Chattisgarh
    Delhi

Members are requested to go through the attached word .doc and recheck the fees, in case any changes/amendments in the rules/fees, etc. If anyone knows about Fees in various State High Courts and Legislatures, please also inform here along with the relevant GO number and date.

Those having information about the missing States, please give the fees so that the document can be updated. Please only refer to the original GO for the fees (not to any website or newspaper report). While giving the Fees, please indicate the GO number and date.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android