Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Appeals under RTI

Whether appeals can be preferred by emails to the 1 Appellate authority.If no reply is received how to prove the filing of appeal. A sent communication available in the 'sent box" is sufficient proof for filing the appeal by email. The same case is for filing application to the PIO and sending the fee by MO or other mode.

› Find content similar to: Appeals under RTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Appeals under RTI

If you are sending the appeal by email then you should also send the message with READ RECEIPT If the person opens the message then a mail will be sent to you that the mail has been read by the person.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thank you Maneesh. That is an excellent tip for everybody.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

READ RECEIPT mostly does not work in Webmails like Yahoo!,Gmail etc.

You must find other ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there is no harm in sending application by e-mail.however in any case u have to send fee by post or hand delivery,why not send hard copy with it duly signed?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Narayanvarma Sir, he is asking about First Appeal, in which case there is no apllication fee required.

p.esakkimuthu, I can conclude form some of your posts that you are a active RTI user. Please consider the following:

1. In the last 2 years, how many PIO's and AA's have you visited and seen computers with internet connection on their tables ?
    2. How many of them have "official" email id's which they access frequently and reply promptly ?
    3. It is very very easy to hit the "delete" button as compared to making your First Appeal "disappear" or get "lost in transit".
    4. Where will a applicant (not you, but a applicant in general terms) get the AA's email id ?
    Even the PMO' website does not give the email id of the PIo and AA
    (Prime Minister's Office)
    Please visit CIC. The 8th link on the left frame gives you a list and contacts of Public Authorities. Please check how many of them have given email id's ?
    5. It is a good idea to attach the following with your First Appeal:
    - Your original RTI application
    - Proof of payment of the application fee
    - The reply you recieved from the PIO
    Although you can do this by scanning and attaching those to your email, I am sure that the AA will get back to you and ask you for hard copies.
    6. My suggestion is, that there are only two good methods of submitting First Appeal - the good old way of "taking a walk" (in case you are in the same city) OR sending it by Registered Post AD (NOT Registered Post or Speed Post or Courier) because the AD card will act as evidence that the AA recieved your appeal.

Never ever, give any one in the Government, even a small chance to make you run around.
    Last edited by karira; 15-07-07 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THANKS to KARIRA for pointing out what i overlooked.However pl. note that in some states rules there is appealfee for first appeal also.e.g. INMAHARASHTRA RULES it is Rs 20 for 1st appeal.querist had not specified where 1st appeal was to be filed. Ur other comments are excellent and i fully agree.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Narayanvarma Sir,

I am sorry, I did not know that at all. I thought that states had copied the rules from each other and they were more or less same. In fact, based on this assumption, I also made the mistake of guiding some other persons.
    I just read the rules for Maharashtra, an appelant has not only to pay for First Appeal but also for Second Appeal before SIC.
    Do you know of any other States that charge for First and Second Appeals ?

Can members from other states also recheck and put up the information here regarding charges for First and Second Appeals in their states. I will make a table and post it here for benefit of members and guests.

Although in appeals before Commercial Taxes in AP, one has to pay a certain fee and also deposit a part of the "disputed" amount before the appeal, what is the situation regarding appeals before Income Tax, Customs, etc.

Sir, this seems to be grossly unfair. RTI Act and appeals under RTI Act cannot be treated like appeals under other laws. First of all, an applicant is appealing against a decision of the PIO, he is not expecting some "refund" or disputing a "tax amount". Why should he made to pay, for bringing to the notice of "powers that be", that the PIO is not following the RTI Act ? If anything, the Government should "reward" such people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast