Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whether Certificate of posting or Courier acknowledgement will constitute sufficient proof.

Re: Whether Certificate of posting or Courier acknowledgement will constitute sufficient proof.

same problem...i am unable to see the link...

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

Re: Whether Certificate of posting or Courier acknowledgement will constitute sufficient proof.

the judgment has already been put by Aksmat ji at following thread in General Discussions .
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/60601-important.html

Otherwise I have now uploaded the file and it may appear after moderation by site managers .

I read it multiple times but i doubt if i have any clue or deduced anyhting...pls simplify

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

Haryana State Information Commission had been sending the Appeal Notices by UPC Post and some of the letters in Appeals and Complaints were sent by Ordinary Post . My prayer to Hon'ble Court was that UPC should not be used for the purpose .
    The Hon'ble Court found the UPC unsatisfactory , but its use was allowed subject to the condition that if someone does not get Notice of hearing sent by UPC Post , the Commission will not dispose off the case without first making sure that the person was served by Regd Post .
    The interpretation is that service by UPC is a rebuttable presumption . In simple language , it is not pucca proof of delivery .

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunandoghosh View Post
    I read it multiple times but i doubt if i have any clue or deduced anyhting...pls simplify
    Haryana changed its RTI Appeal Procedure Rules in 2009.

Please see: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/42081-...es-2009-a.html

One of the points added was that the "Notice of Hearing" can be served by UPC.

Hence - some of the last few posts in this thread.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

Karira Sir is right in that the amended rules for Haryana contain provision for use of UPC Post . I had filed the said Petition in March 2009 when Haryana RTI rules 2005 were in force which prescribed use of only Regd Post for mailing of notices . It was during pendency of the matter that the new rules were framed and notified in December 2009 .

Crux of the matter is that UPC should not be used if you do not want to court any controversy on the delivery front . I will put here excerpts from Judgments of Hon'ble Supreme Court on the issue which I had referred to in the petition .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android