Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is President of India under the rti proceed

1. Is President of India under the rti proceed

With a rapid velocity we are about to have or say the Democratic representatives are about to give us our President.
    So I would like to ask the forumists that is President of India covered under the RTI act.
    Can the citizen i.e. the “I” in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>, solicit about the personal minutiae of the President viz Properties, Assets, Income etc
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Does RTI covers divulging such informations about our honorable President?
    <o:p></o:p>
    Just a Query….
    <o:p></o:p>
    Abhinav

2. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

HI evbody,
    Abhi I feel there is no reason why Mr. President of India should not be covered by RTI act. Actually RTI act is applicable to every office bearer who is working in Govt. funded organisation either partially or fully.
    I am not a legal fellow But It is my strong feeling as per RTI act.
    Nick Chauhan
    NICK CHAUHAN

3. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

Hi,
    President should not be covered under RTI. But after seing the politics in the current election the view is changed and the President should also be covered.

4. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

Thx

But RTI is not a game of Ifs and Buts...We have to be sure about it . I am still awaiting final say on the same.

5. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

I am pretty sure President and his/her office IS covered under the RTI. You will also be entitled to all the information (as much as provided under RTI excluding information excluded like security related, info from foerign governments in confidence etc.) that the President's office deals with.

Unless the President is required by law to disclise property, assets, income and other information, you would not be able to get hold of that since that would be considered "private" information just like you would not be able to get it about any other citizen. Only such information that is filed or disclosed in his/her duty as president / presidential candidate would be available under RTI.

6. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

I suppose there is some exclusive procedure for President and Governors

lets keep brainstroming on this issue

7. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

Hi,
    Yes ofcourse, the President should be covered under RTI
    Thanks

8. Re: Is President of India under the rti proceed

HI Abhinav,
    If you read Section 2 of the RTI Act here https://act.rtiindia.info, it will be apparent that there are no special provisions for Hon'ble President Office.

RTI Act gives information about Government with an exemption of Section 8 and second Schedule. As any personal information is not covered under the Act you cannot get it either for the Hon'ble President or any other Officer/Office bearer of Government, except under the Provisions of the Act.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android