Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

1. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

I must confess, the whole incident and the life cycle of yours had filled me with grief and a long distant dream of 'within-system' transformation. Your narration well qualifies for the blog, kindly create one and post this one there.
    http://www.rtiindia.org/blogs/

2. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

Welcome Mr. Rajat,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I hope you will be very helpful in our site too helping people.

Bye!

3. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

Very touching and inspiring life. Hope to hear from you more.

4. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

It a very inspiring story and shows how things are from inside. I am sure you will be able to contribute a lot here.

In your story i hope our community can see what pain and anguish a upright officer has to go through while discharging his/er duty.

We all will provide what ever help and support we can.

5. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

Quote Originally Posted by rajatnarain View Post
    [1] the Act seems to provide for a basic fee of Rs10.Is that right? If so, how is it that the office of the Administrator , HUDA Gurgaon charges Rs 50?
    Im RTI there is Right to Information Act, 2005 applicable for Centeral Government and there are other similar Acts of various acts. In your case it will be Right to Information, Haryana.
    RTIS Home
    They do charge Rs 50 as fee.

[2] The modes of payment of fees seem to include [1] cash [2] DD [ 3] Pay Order [4] Postal Order . Is that right?
    Yes, For RTI, 2005 the Central Govt. has prescribed these modes for payment of fee.

[3] Now , there are some offices, such as Adm. HUDA Gurgaon , that are reluctant to accept cash on the plea that the plea that there is no cashier in the complex. Is that legal ?
    As per Haryana RTI Act, an applicant can deposit the fee in cash. And he can deposit the fee with the CPIO,
    The fee shall be deposited with the State Public Information Officer/
    State Assistant Public Information Officer either in cash against proper receipt or by treasury challan.

You can deposit the fee with the CPIO.
    214.pdf

[4] The websites of the Central /State Governments , while generally giving the name/designation of the PIOs ---but are seldom exhaustive --, fail to mention the name of the authority in whose the instrument [ DD?PO?postal order ] needs to be drawn. it is a herculean task to obtain this information from the concerned public authority. What has been the experience of other friends , in the case of such out-station queries of where the applicant prefers not to travel to the concerned office? Is there a move to approach the CIC/ Government to make such info mandatory?
    We have plans to compile such information here at RTI India.

Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

Well, I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service as I found myself a misfit in the system. I now devote my time to [a] a spiritual organisation reading and writing [c] use the power RTI .

As a beginner in RTI matters I would appreciate being enlightened on the following issues:

[b][1] the Act seems to provide for a basic fee of Rs10.Is that right? If so, how is it that the office of the Administrator , HUDA Gurgaon charges Rs 50?

[2] The modes of payment of fees seem to include [1] cash [2] DD [ 3] Pay Order [4] Postal Order . Is that right?

[3] Now , there are some offices, such as Adm. HUDA Gurgaon , that are reluctant to accept cash on the plea that the plea that there is no cashier in the complex. Is that legal ?

[4] The websites of the Central /State Governments , while generally giving the name/designation of the PIOs ---but are seldom exhaustive --, fail to mention the name of the authority in whose the instrument [ DD?PO?postal order ] needs to be drawn. it is a herculean task to obtain this information from the concerned public authority. What has been the experience of other friends , in the case of such out-station queries of where the applicant prefers not to travel to the concerned office? Is there a move to approach the CIC/ Government to make such info mandatory?
    Dear frnd,
    Intially I shall welcome you to this Forum. It is the need of hour that all misfit in this system join in a forum to prove that misfits are mostfit and fits are unfit to this system.
    There are many wrongs: I am stuggling about late running of trains in our Division. I am moving in circles and many times I find I am at the starting point again and again but I shall reach the goal. The circle may be vicious but I will find the end in the circle too. I hope you too will find this forum will be helpful for you too.

Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

I have gone through. You have suffered a lot but Suffering always pays. I appreciate your will power. we are surely lucky to get you in the forum. Still I hope misfits will prove they are most fit. I am of the opinion that two things never dies. 1. Truth which unfolds itself with time. 2. Soul it is real immortal. Truth will win at last.

8. Re: I happen to be a former civil servant who resigned from the IAS after 14 years of service

Dear Mr.Dubey,

Many thanks for welcoming me to the RTI community. I look forward to an interesting and hopefully productive time.

Good luck to you in your quest into the 'late-running trains' syndrome.

Best regards,

Rajat Narain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android