Topic Identifier

Thread: Save Rti Act

1. Save Rti Act

PIVOTAL RTI PROTEST

The National Campaign for Peoples Right to Information, a voluntary organisation fighting for the cause of RTI, has decided to protest against the government's plan to dilute the RTI Act on August 9, 2007.

Different groups and individuals will hold a dharna at the August Kranti Maidan from 9 am to 11 am. All those participating in the rally will wear a simple black cape or a dress as a mark of protest.

The reason for the protest is largely becasue Aug 9th is also the anniversary of the Quit India movement, therefore RTI activists opine that that the freedom of the common man has been curbed again by the establishment.

Above all this protest is also becasue of expected speculation that Govt is planning to take away the autonomous powers of the information commission and make it an advisory body.

The fears are that it would then mean that the information commission would become toothless agencies and bureaucrats will no longer be forced to divulge information.

So we in rtiindia.org should also don something to protest in a Right way on the said day....Like...

A NGO called Sweear India (Sweear India) would be launching a "RTI Awareness Programme for Slums and Under developed People" in various parts of MP state. RTIindia members can Join and support such NGO's if they desire. Becasue educated and developed Indian can always utilize rti act , but the most sufferrers i.e. Under Developed Indians are yet to made aware of the rti acts.

Besides On the same Day we can also make it a point of atleast reaching 5 people and make them aware of RTI.

BUt all said, everthing read and Nothing DONE, wont solve the purpose.....So Please ACT before there remains No Rti ACT....

Abhinav Bohare
    ....The Right Informed
    <!--google_ad_region_end=article--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '
    <iframe name="fr1947" id="fr1947" src="https://ads.indiatimes.com/ads.dll/getad?slotid=1947" width="250" height="250" MARGINWIDTH="10" MARGINHEIGHT="0" HSPACE="0" VSPACE="0" FRAMEBORDER="0" SCROLLING="no" align="right" title="Advertisement" ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"></iframe>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2; </SCRIPT>

2. Re: Save Rti Act

Great work Abhinav. And good to hear that SWEAR would also plunge into RTI and would help people. You must combine and bring other NGO's at Madhya Pradesh to make it a success. And offcourse you can draw lot of information from RTI India Portal.

Unfortunately we cannot or are not part of any crusade or movement, nor are we affiliated/associated with any NGO, and are; simply stating 'Association of People', committed to 'fair interpretation' and 'educative reasoning' of RTI Act.

Therefore, nor can we as a 'community' protest against the Government (Read the Disclaimer here) or can we let any movement in any form from this Portal.

Off course, one can, and we are happy to let it happen, use this Portal which is completely free, for people to interpret and use the 'shared knowledge base' of our Community discussions to further the cause of 'Good Governance', by any methods and by any Association.

If I went far to explain 'For what we are' was purely for explanatory purpose and not necessarily motivated by 'only' answer to your thread.

3. Re: Save Rti Act

Hi Sir,

Your definations are verity , and verity may bite but is always right...

I firmly beleive that "Law Is above Truth", So I would add I never meant that RTIindia would in take direct part in any such protests, but was prompt enough becasue the RTI members @ Also Individuals, have right to be informed by other Members @ Individuals , about the forthcoming events and the empathic opinions for such activists who are playing pivotal role in keeping the soul of RTI act alive and thus indirectly forums like us alive.

Also wanted to inform and motivate the RTI members that there are NGOs active is one way or other for the casue of RTI viz Swearindia etc. The reason for information was largely for action data base in the mind frame of positive indian citizen.

Also wanted to say that Strikes and demonstrations are a democracy's hard-fought weapons against oppression. They cannot be wished away as What is at issue is democracy itself. Strikes empower the disempowered to fight injustice in oppressive cases when no constructive option is left. It took one and a half centuries to discipline strikes into responsible governance.

So even if we can not be part of the protest directly or indirectly, One member can at least inform about such protests or action pertaining to RTI Act for Denzin's DATA wharehousing and Citizen's knowledge management etc

Thats what I have done DISCUSSED and INFORMED

Also termed as RIGHT TO INFORMATION

And am thankful and sure that suggestios and Disclaimer information by your good self would also be highly appreciated and understood

Obliged

Abhinav
    ....The Right Informed

4. Re: Save Rti Act

Hi Sir,

Your definations are verity , and verity may bite but is always right...

I firmly beleive that "Law Is above Truth", So I would add I never meant that RTIindia would in take direct part in any such protests, but was prompt enough becasue the RTI members @ Also Individuals, have right to be informed by other Members @ Individuals , about the forthcoming events and the empathic opinions for such activists who are playing pivotal role in keeping the soul of RTI act alive and thus indirectly forums like us alive.

Also wanted to inform and motivate the RTI members that there are NGOs active is one way or other for the casue of RTI viz Swearindia etc. The reason for information was largely for action data base in the mind frame of positive indian citizen.

Also wanted to say that Strikes and demonstrations are a democracy's hard-fought weapons against oppression. They cannot be wished away as What is at issue is democracy itself. Strikes empower the disempowered to fight injustice in oppressive cases when no constructive option is left. It took one and a half centuries to discipline strikes into responsible governance.

So even if we can not be part of the protest directly or indirectly, One member can at least inform about such protests or action pertaining to RTI Act for Denzin's DATA wharehousing and Citizen's knowledge management etc

Thats what I have done DISCUSSED and INFORMED

Also termed as RIGHT TO INFORMATION

And am thankful and sure that suggestios and Disclaimer information by your good self would also be highly appreciated and understood

Obliged

Abhinav
    ....The Right Informed

5. Re: Save Rti Act

FROM WHERE ABHINAV got this information of 9th august dharna program? NCPRI's one member Mr. shailesh GANDHI is from Mumbai and such event can be organised in many cities like PARIVARTAN had done in july 2006 RTI campain.I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW FROM where NCPRI GATHERED THE INFORMATION on proposed amendments.

6. Re: Save Rti Act

Hi

It was in TOI

Anyways my objective was to inform the rtiindians, for further details you will have to the person you mentioned. or you can also read TOI edition of Mumbai

And do let all os know if there is any further progress in the same

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android