Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E-Filing of RTI application

1. Can I file application to RTI online?

Sir,
    Can I file application fo rRTI online?

If yes how can I pay the amount?

Also what is the amount that I need to pay? Is it very hefty?

Padmanabh

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can I file application to RTI online?

There is no facility presently available to file a RTI application online.

Some departments do accept applications by email BUT you still have to send the application fee by snail mail. So, really does not serve your purpose.

3. Re: Can I file application to RTI online?

Quote Originally Posted by padmanabh.kulkarni View Post
    Also what is the amount that I need to pay? Is it very hefty?
    That will depend on the public authority from which you are seeking information. For all public authorities under Central Govt, the application fee is Rs 10. Each state has its own rules. The mode ofpayment also depends from state to state.

But is it not possible to submit 1st appeal online , where there lies no need of providing any fee , if that PA had the facility of accepting it online?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Gautam,

Some States do have fees for First and Second Appeals.
    The PA's under the centre do not have fees for Firs and Second Appeal.

Not many FAA's have their email id's available on the web.
    Even if they have the email id's published, they may not be accessing their official email id's frequently.
    Sending a First Appeal by email will not enable the appellant to get a receipt.

Therefore, at present, the best option is to file the First Appeal personally/speedpost/registered post AD

On some issues of Co-Operative Society run by B.A.R.C employees,the second Appeal was directly sent to Sri.M.L.Sharma,Information Commissioner & a copy to Mr.Wajahat Habibullah, Chief Information Commissioner,CIC,New Delhi by speed post.A soft copy of the same was sent to their E-Mail (1) sharma.ml@nic.in (2) whabibullah@nic.in.
    Status of the second appeal are being asked through E-Mail with reference to previous correspondences. The Second Appeal was sent on 16-02-2009.
    BE GRACED BY THE LORD BY HELPING OTHERS WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATION
    PAROPAKAARAARTHAM IDAM SHAREERAM
    HARIHI OM

7. Submit for RTI application through E-mail

Dear All,

I had a query. Can you please help me out.

Can we aubmit an RTI appliaction through E-Mail or any portal where we can submit it online.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurabh

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Submit for RTI application through E-mail

Saurabh,

Although the RTI Act allows the submission of an application by email, you still have to pay the application fees by the approved form/mode of payment. Those can only be paid by snail mail.
    So, there is really no point sending your RTI Application by email.

Moreover, most of the CPIO/SPIO,s are not comfortable with email and also do not have computers.

You have to also consider that you need a proof of submitting your RTI application and sending an application by email will not give you any such proof.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast