Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asst PIO and First Appeal

1. Asst PIO and First Appeal

I had asked for some details from the PIO of Orissa financial Services Corporation. The information was related to some income tax declaration made by him. As per CIC decision this information is public information. The Asst. PIO replied saying that this information cannot be shared. I appealed to the first appellate authority. As i could not find any form or fee details from the website of OSFC I sent a normal letter. Now he has replied back rejecting the request because of this not being in the right format and about fee.

Deb

2. Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

This is not correct manner in which the Appellant Authority has responded. Have they supplied you with the correct format and the process? If they have not suggested, you must lodge a complaint with the SCIC.

Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

The Asst. PIO replied saying that this information cannot be shared.
    I appealed to the first appellate authority.
    Dear Debasish,
    I am surprised see that the APIO has responded to you instead of the PIO.
    Who has signed the letter?
    As per rule the reply from PIO must also mention about the Appeal procedure.
    As kushal has rightly said you must lodge a complain with Orissa SIC.
    you must lodge a complaint with the SCIC.
    Kushal, It should be SIC not SCIC.

Sidharth

4. Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

Stand corrected

5. Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

yes, sidharth is very true that the information cannot be supplied by the ACPIO, it must invariably be supplied by the PIO (CPIO)

6. Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

The information is related to the PIO himself. Can that be a plea to handover the request to APIO? I think the PIO should have handed over the request to the next level authority. Also, the answer from the APIO did mention the Appelate authority's name/designation and asked for appealing before 30 days of receipt of the reply. However, there was no format nor any fee. There is also no information on this in the OSFC website. However, in one of the Orissa Govt website there is a template of a manual which I assume all public authorities are required to follow as far as posting of data on the website is concerned. As per this template OSFC should have posted the format etc for appeal. Please let me know if I am correct in assuming this. I am sure many of you would have seen this template prepared by TCS.

Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

Dear Debashis,
    Instead of going through all those templates please visit this page New Page 1.
    And download the Orissa RTI Rules from there.
    https://www.orissa.gov.in/righttoinfo...n/rti-rule.pdf &
    https://www.orissa.gov.in/rti/amendme...Rules,2005.pdf.
    Use Form 'D' and affix Court fee stamp of Rupees 20/- for first appeal
    and Form 'E' and Rs. 25/- Stamp for second appeal.
    Hope I clear some of your doubts.
    And don't forget to come back here and and post your experience with 1st Appellate Authority.

Best Of Luck in your RTI Quest.

Sidharth

8. Re: Asst PIO and First Appeal

Great work Sidharth.

Thanks for sharing this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android