Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

1. Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

Assist Urgent

1. Wanted to urgently know that can we ask for more thn one information in a single application to the CIPO

2. Are all application addressed to CIPO or for different dept different positions of PIO are mentioned

Pl Help

2. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

Assist URGENTLY pl

3. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

1. What do you mean by CIPO? Please explain.

2. Hypothetical questions like the one you have posted generally do not evoke a proper response. If you have any matter that requires urgent assistance under RTI, please post the full details of the same and seek appropriate guidance.

4. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

yes, a little vauge, as rightly said by Ganpat needs more details.

However, what I can infer from the telephonic discussions we have, abhinav:
    1. Yes, you can ask as many question, but try to be specific as far as possible.
    2. In every central Government department, there are generally one CPIO at the unit level, further if there are questions concerning other department, offcourse it's the duty of the PIO to transfer that to seek information from the other department or transfer the same to it. So your one application stands.

5. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

Extremely Sorry Ganpat ...Very Sorry Ganpat....

And Kushal Sir, I trying my level best to contact you on phone, sms, But when everything failed , I had One solution .....RTIINDIA.org and ....The Problem stands Solved......

SO highly obliged Kushal SIr

And Ganpat Sorry again for hypothetical querry....But sometimes thats how normal human react in urgency...

I hope I wont be hanged for the crime called "Urgent Need from a Friend called RTIindia.org"...Pl forgive me My Lord

Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

Hello Abhinav,

Though It seems hypothetical as pointed out by Mr. GANPAT,
    we face situations like this in real life many times. It becomes pertinent
    to know to what extent we can streeeetch it? As rightly pointed out by
    Mr. Kushal, we are allowed to seek info on multiple issues.

The Thumb rule is As long as you confine yourself to a single Public Authority you are OK.
    If you seek info on multiple PAs then you are in trouble.

That's how I have understood it.
    Sidharth

7. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

There is no trouble, the CPIO will answer there part and then direct the rest of the query to other CPIO.

Abhinav, the purpose of creating CPIOs is to provide a single window system for information. You need not address to various departmental heads. Its the duty of CPIO to collect information from other under Section 5(4) of the RTI Act, 2005 and then pass it on to the applicant.
    Yes in case the information pertains to more than one CPIO, then it is advisable to write to separate CPIOs

8. Re: Can we ask for more thn One Info in single application

Dearear Maneesh and Sidmis,

Thats what we called empathy...and its there in RTIindia.org team and members like you both.

I am obliged for understanding my urgency and not reading between lines and pricking the words...

I should say , till people like you remain rtiindia.org can sustain and loss any gain, any smile any pain....

Thanks a ton brotherssssssss hope I am also able to set such examples thus also supporting the root cause of RTIindia.org

Abhinav
    .....The Right Informed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android