Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

1. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Sleepless night for promotion....(one has to spend sleepless nights -thinking if one will get promoted! if one can get the desired deputation! and so on..)<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    I had experince of getting 1st promotion in class 1 cadre just after completion of only 19 years of service and so many persons retired having only one promotion, that too in a central Govt. Department. So they don't had to have any "sleepless" night for thinking for "desired" promotion.

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

There is a chance that, if a subordinate officer Fight for his Right..... the Authority may note a negative remarks in his ACR, and as the sub ordinate doesnt know it, he could not be able to defend himself. Hence it should be made public, if the concerned Authority is rightly impartial.

3. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

From the provisions under the Act, especially under S.8, it is clear that there is nothing which obstructs the disclosure of the ACRs. When the Act does not bar the disclosure of the ACRs, there is no point in keeping the ACRs secret. It is one of the very important documents of one's career and the ACR writting should be transparent, which can only be done by making the ACRs public.

4. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

dear friends,

I strongly feel that this is a very bogus method of accessing any junior or subordinate.

What is the use of any accessment which did not give a chance to the person to explain about his stand. It is just nothing but using marshal law.

rakatkam.

5. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Hi,

I am working in an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Education

In my office for promotion to the post of P.A. there is always a policy of pick and choose. Those who are near and dear of HODs are being selected overlooking the seniority factor of other employees as there is a provision of interview. Those who passed the skill test are placed for interview and during interview whosoever near to HOD is selected for promotion even if he is junior most

Management can cut any name during Interview irrespective he/she tops the skill test or hv exellent ACRs.

Here comes the question is that the policy of my department (an autonomous body under Ministry of Education) can overlook seniority factor only on the basis of marks given in Interview.

Your advice is very much precious for me

Sanjeev

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Dear Sanjib,
    Actually I do not know the procedure followed by autonomy body. If they are provided with Administrative autonomy, then they can do ,what ever they like.

karira Sir,
    I felt there is some negative remarks in my ACR 2003,which has not communicated to me.I am a state Govt.employee. Should I try to ask for a copy of the statement since 2003 till date under rti ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Great View Post
    karira Sir,
    I felt there is some negative remarks in my ACR 2003,which has not communicated to me.I am a state Govt.employee. Should I try to ask for a copy of the statement since 2003 till date under rti ?
    I read in this thread that if the ACR has negative remarks then the commenst have to be shown to the assessed person.
    There are decisions of the Punjab and Orissa SIC's disclosing the ACR's to the person directly.
    You can use RTI.

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast