Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

I am also a PSU employee, My organisation do provide the seniority ranking,but the points earned through the ACRs are never disclosed. A transparent system is required ,so that the employee knows why he is left out of the promotion list.
    Another change in ACR module is 360 degree assessment of superiors by the subordintes to bring out more transparency in the whole system , where the aggrieved subordinate can spell out the reasons for not seeing eye to eye with his boss.
    This is very important as very qualified people are joining the organisations nowadays ,but owing to bad bosses , many are willing to leave the PSUs , just because they are harassed by their jealous immediate supervisor.

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

May be the ranking of the employees be disclosed based on ACRs if an employee desires to know the reason for not being promoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sirs,
    I would like to tell that annual confidential reports of any individual is made adverse any where, then such adverse is to be communicated other wise it is not valid entry. So when somebody wants to see his own annual confidential report, then want is the problem? I think it should be brought under the act with a condition that it can be open to that person only.

r a katkam.

karira ji,

r u having the copy of judgement of Hyderabad Cat.

rakatkam.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I again repeat that a full bench of Punjab Information Commission has already given verdict in Faquir Chand Sharma case in November this year that copy of ACR can be given to the employee.The decision is available on web site of Punjab information commission.The decision is recent and very rationale.That could be seen on the website of Punjab CIC.
    adil

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    I read in this thread that if the ACR has negative remarks then the commenst have to be shown to the assessed person.
    There are decisions of the Punjab and Orissa SIC's disclosing the ACR's to the person directly.
    You can use RTI.

Can you please quote the Orissa SIC decision?
    adil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ssen ji,

you are 100% correct. I always suggested for total abolishing this ACR procedure and go on accessing by way of work assigned and work completed. Responsibility given and taken.

this ACR is a very bogus method of assessing the employees, it is a just tool in the hands of our immediate superior who want to use this just to fulfil his personnel needs.

Let us suggest totally abalishing the ACR procedure which is British oriented.

ra katkam.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rakatkam View Post

karira ji,

r u having the copy of judgement of Hyderabad Cat.

rakatkam.
    No, I do not have one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the annual confidential report of a government servant contains the result of his interaction with superiors and coordinates and is of no benefit to anybody else. wanting to know about the ACR is nothing but prying to serve the basic instinct of curiosity about others. it should remain confidential and beyond the purview of rti act. however, adverse entries made in ACR are generally communicated to the concerned government servant and his opinion on them is taken. there must be a limit even to transparency.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

faquir chand sharma (AC No. 67 of 2006) by 3 member bench of Punjab information commission may please be seen.
    adil

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast