Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

1. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Quote Originally Posted by snkmoorthy View Post
    the annual confidential report of a government servant contains the result of his interaction with superiors and coordinates and is of no benefit to anybody else. wanting to know about the ACR is nothing but prying to serve the basic instinct of curiosity about others.
    I beg to differ sir. These are more "subjective" than its original purpose to be "objective". It's disclosure will promote objectivity and hence desirable.

adverse entries made in ACR are generally communicated to the concerned government servant and his opinion on them is taken. there must be a limit even to transparency.
    Adverse entries, in 99% cases are never communicated.

there must be a limit even to transparency.
    Limit to transparency has been well laid in the Act and ACR's donot fall under it. Confidentiality of ACR's have been handed over to us by our colonial past and in every way should be done away with.

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

In Government ACR is meant for assessing the potential of an individual. In that case, there is nothing wrong in allowing the individual concerned to know about the assessment made about him by his superiors. In fact, it will further help in developing the individual. In some of the private sector companies the assessment is made on-line under various parameters. Individual concerned can always track it on a day-to-day basis. But trying to know the assessment made about a third person is definitely an invasion into his/her privacy. That should fall under the exemptions provided in the RTI Act.

3. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

I too agree with tarus,

But even for third party information about accessing too can be allowed, because it is a public life not the any personal life, as the govt./semi-govt. employee work for public directly or indirectly.

so it should be brought under RTI Act.

rakatkam

4. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    But trying to know the assessment made about a third person is definitely an invasion into his/her privacy. That should fall under the exemptions provided in the RTI Act.
    The ACR's contain specific jobs and responsibilities handled by the Govt. servant. The assessment is based on it.

I have seen ACR's where jobs and responsibilities mentioned in it was actually performed by somebody else. The person actually performed personal works of the superior bosses. The authority has authenticated his ACR fully knowing the actual facts.

What would you like to say in this case?

5. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

there are always people who misuse their position, bestowing favours on unworthy people; thanks to rti, such people can be contained but not totally eliminated; such deviation is an exception, not the rule.

Thumbs up Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

I think ACR would be one or two lines per year. I have attained 32 yrs of Service. Should I ask for a copy of the ACR of my entire service ?

7. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

there are always people who misuse their position, bestowing favours on unworthy people; thanks to rti, such people can be contained but not totally eliminated; such deviation is an exception, not the rule.
    Sorry to say it is a rule rather than an exception. About 80-90% cases are like this. The actual state of affairs are not rosy. RTI can do nothing ACR's are disclosed.

8. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Sorry to say it is a rule rather being an exception. About 80-90% of cases are like this. The picture is not at all rosy.

RTI can do nothing unless ACR's are disclosed.