Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 14 of 57 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Quote Originally Posted by rakatkam View Post
    sir what does it mean, what you wanted to suggest?

rakatkam
    What I meant was - ACR can be abolished when the Govt introduces a scheme of Performance Linked Pay (PLP). But since it may take time, without waiting for that to happen, Govt can straight away make ACR open. By 'open' I mean it must not remain inaccessible in the garb of confidentiality. If someone wants to see anybody's ACR, including one's own, it must be shown.

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

taurus sir,

yes, you are 1000% right. The basic perpose of ACR is not fulfiling because it is even closed for the person who's CRs are written.

rakatkam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ganpat1956 View Post
    No doubt the ACR contains personal information of a sensitive nature about the employee and bringing out such matters under RTI is sure to cause a lot of embarassment to the person concerned.

But if objectivity and impartiality are lacking on the part of the officer who compiles such ACRs on persons who are working under him, what else is the remedy available to subordinates who are affected.

I do not think that this question can be merely settled through a simple process of voting "yes or no". This requires a careful analysis of the pros and cons.
    The sobordinate is always communicated if remarks are adverse. Why others should be given the personal information.ACR is no doubt should be beyond RTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rkshukla ji,

If a person is not knowing how much his bosses are happy and unhappy with his work, or not knowing where actually he is laging in working or any matter where his supperiors observed, how can an individual can improve him self (if he is lagging some where).

Because average, good remarks are definatly going to effect his carrier and promotions.

Hence CR's should be disclosed to the person who's CR's are written.

rakatkam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well,i agree with RAKATKAM.Further, i have changed my opinion and have voted for disclosure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

narayanvarma ji,

Thank you.

rakatkam.

Name:
    Vineet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in our system whether government or private, both types of officers - sincere as well as dishonest- are there. So far as sincere, honest and laborious officers are concerned, they always praise the work of their junior. They give them good time to improve and perform better. ACR from such officers are never under doubt. Whatever they write, is on the basis of one's performance......... But so far as cunning and dishonest officers or dual minded personalities are concerned, they never miss the chance. your sincerity, honesty, labour and anything else towards job is of no use before them. They are sadist and feel good in doing so....
    That's why, i think, this right should be given to every employee to view his or her report from the angle of his/ her officer... and moreover, he must have a say in this regard, if the report is totally opposite.
    Such case are normally seen.... so many candidates are to fight harder for their promotion if once a wrong ACR is submitted.....

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

This is old information , but just putting it here for the sake of future references:

The Goa SIC has also ruled that one's own ACR can be shown to the applicant.

(From the Annual Report of Goa SIC for 2006-07):

Giving a copy of ACR of a Government servant. Section 8(1)(d) or (j).
    ACR of a Government servant is neither a commercial or trade secrets nor it is a personal information provided to the public authority. It is annual performance report of an employee assessed by the Government or public authority behind his back. It cannot be kept as confidential document.
    Section 8(2) also cannot come to the rescue of the public authority to deny access of a Government servant to his own ACRs. However, other citizens cannot obtain the ACRS of the public servants.
    Case No. Appl 83/2006/WRD
    V.U.P. Gaitonde Vs. PIO WRD.

Unfortunately I cannot open any decision posted on the Goa SIC website and therefore cannot post the full decision here.
    Last edited by karira; 20-04-08 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Spelling Correction
    Twitter: @cjkarira