Topic Identifier

Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

1. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

While details of notings on the ACR should not be disclosed as the same can cause embarassment to the Reporting or Reviewing officers, it should be open to a Govt servant to know what final evaluation has been given to him or her!

when one does not know what evaluation has been made in his ACR, how can a person try to improve his standards!

Moreover, he has the right to know as to whether he can expect to get his promotion in the DPC.

Hence, the final evaluation must be made public.

I have a feeling, many officers in the Govt departments may be knowing what remarks they have got! (though illegally)But, when one does not know about it, one has to spend sleepless nights -thinking if one will get promoted! if one can get the desired deputation! and so on..

2. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

As is the case, any adverse remark is invariably communicated to the concerned officials.

Some relevant post: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3159-post11.html

The Rule says any adverse grade or any adverse remark even with good grade need to be communicated to the officer concerned.

DoPT has dissolved any super session based on good ACR, and introduced the minimum benchmark for all to get promoted. Thus if one's ACR has 5 good and another has 5 outstanding, the level remains the same.

Further for example, a particular promotion requires a minimum grading of 'GOOD', and one officer gets 5 'Good', another gets 5 'outstanding', and the last one gets 1 Average and 4 'Outsanding'; the first 2 will both get promotion without break in seniority and the 3rd one will not get promotion.

But as you can see, the 'average' grading need to be communicated to officer concerned, it is but clear that he has ample time to represent and know his fault and correct and represent thereof.

However, I in one case, agree that is 'deputation', which is primarily driven by so to say .... "outstanding".

3. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Hi evbody,
    I cant understand why ACR should not be made public. Because it simply lists parameters and traits of an employee in respect of his job profile which in turn defines his efficiency and output. I see no point in keeping this info. And how can it be harmful to ones who are writing it. Rather discloslure would invite constructive criticism and ultimately good employee.
    Nick Chauhan

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Nick,

The following thread will also be of interest to you:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/rti-ne...crs-apars.html

5. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

If officers know whats in the ACRs, they will force the process of generating ACRs to be more transparent. Then perhaps ACRs will be termed Annual Performance Reports.

There does not exist any reason why the public who pays for the salaries of such officers be kept away from thier performance records.

6. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

HI evbody,
    Well Karira and Jimmorrison just echoe my views on ACRs . I just dont agree with ones who say that disclsures of ACRs my affect interpersonal relations . Howzatt so. As in a Democratic setup as somebody rightly said Govt. Servants are nothing but public servants and public have every right to evaluate their job performance reports. Its only this confidential mania of ACRs that is making Govt. servants acting like masters of public rather than public servants.
    NICK CHAUHAN

7. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

I agree that ACRs should be made Public and I also disagree that ACRs should be made Public....

Officials are responsible to the Public so the ACRs should be made public...
    Officials are responsible and Individuals too , therefore the ACRs should not be made public....

The confussion continues....

End of it I would opine...

ACRs should be made Public but without PUBLICITY after all we should remember that RTI does not means "that Public servants should be distrust and should be exposed" , in fact if we want to know any of the ACRs details they should be given only under scanner and shouldn't be manipulated for propoganda or publicity...

If the Public is human , Public servants are no devils

And above all

WE GET WHAT WE DESERVE...So our Govt, Politicians and Servants are nothing but our own reality.....

So if we are sooo positive or questionworthy for the public system , we should also be highly critical of the PUBLIC i.e. WE @ SELF.....Since we are equal part of the present conditions...good or bad...and we have made our own world, parlianment and system

Abhinav
    ....the right informed

8. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

The ACR in present form do not deserve to be in public domain. If it is severed with performance appraisal (Having details of the public action), with a clear distinction with the private appraisal (Such as Integrity, Health, Relation with Superiors, Obedience) the purpose would be served.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android