Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

That is what I meant in a tricky way....

Moreover Sir, RTI Act shouldn't be a sword to cut the civil servants or other government officials , It should be used for protecting our own rights.

When we say ACRs it accounts for all the various details of the personnel.
    Therefore ACRs details of confined nature can be made public under RTI but propoganda or swordish publicity is incorrect

Hope Members understand that RTI does in no synonyms means avenge

Abhinav

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

So many have commented and i am totaly confused. may be some others also.Hence best thing for me is to keep quiet and u all sort it out. i have voted for non-disclosure before reading all comments. Even now my vote remains same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Final results should be disclosed without disclosing the content.

I agree Maneesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot has been said about revenge through ACRs. The reason why ACRs become a tool of revenge, is they very confidentiality of them. If they are not confidential there is no room for revenge. So in the transitional phase of making ACRs confidential to publicly accessible, they are liable to be misused. To avoid the difficulty in this transitional phase the current ACRs should be kept confidential and the new ACRs should be made public.

Making the current ACRs public is also a breach of trust, in the sense that the officers who wrote the ACRs were guaranteed that they are not going to be made public.

So the new rules should be 'no more ACRs from a date' and 'confidentiality of existing ACRs maintained'. This will subside a lots of opposition to ACRs being made public.

"Treat the seed, fertilize the soil, dont mash the fruit"

I think the issues has now gone out of hand....

India and Indians have remain unfortunate and many a times casual while something is enacted.

Any Act, Constitution, Law etc is an example of the same...

We committ mistakes and thn we try to continue the same of behold the same for the sake of some kind of an "False My-ness"

We have been drafting mistakes, constituting it, and thn feel deserted or sufferrer of the same....

The question is not only of ACR but many other such Acts, rules and laws...

India has evolved and so has the world...The India we see today is in original form...Its a Integrated and assorted state....

So Our policy makers should accept it and change most of our acts and laws accordingly....

ACR rule has to be changed, from the begining to the change
    Entire character ahd charter has to be changed....

Else what all of you are critizing or feeling would remain and things would remain imperfect...

And therefore I say

"Treat the seed, fertilize the soil, dont mash the fruit" (Self)
    ......Abhinav

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hello rtis In my view adverse remarks are always communicated to employee. There is no solid reason why these ACRS TO be discloseD THEN. Disclosure may affect the cordial relations in the govt. offices. And the superiors have to remain always busy with the courts and cases. AND IT IS NEVER WRITTEN ADVERSE IN BEST/GOOD CASES. EMPLOYEES WITH EGO/KAMCHORE NATURE WILL ALWAYS USE IT IN A WRONG WAY RESULT WOULD BE ADVERSE AND THE OFFICERS START WRITTING EXTRA ORDINARY OR BEST TO AVOID LITIGATIONS. iT WILL BECOME PROBLEMETIC TO TAKE A WORK FROM SUCH EMPLOYEE. AND IN THE LONG RUN EFFICIENCY WILL SUFFER. tHIS IS THE ONLYweapon WITH THE EMPLOYEE OTHERWISE YOU KNOW WE LIVE IN DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now i find that 2 CIC orders exempt ACR (of 8-3-07 and 23-01-07 and in other 2, ACR disclosure is allowed (of 28-02-07 and 26- 02-o7. hence i continue to remain confused.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast