Topic Identifier

Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    There are a cpuple of recent orders of CIC directing disclosure of ACR. They are available in the following links:
    cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/SM-10022009-02.pdf
    cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/SM-16022009-04.pdf

Attaching these two orders to this post for the copnvenience of members.

Attached Files Attached Files

Acr

Regarding Communication of GOOD ACR in case the bench mark is very good for the promotion.

I was just referring the judgement and was wondering weather the same has been enforced or not. Will you please throw light on it . In a situation where the superior awards good and the same is not conveyed giving an opportunity to the aggreived to defend his case and thus effecting the carrer of the officer just because of the autocratic style of superior .
    Kindly porovide information if one can ask for ACR under the RTI act.

Name:
    sangram keshari nayak

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

On the basis of information receieved from you, I have written to the deptt. to provide necessary information. I am yet to receive any reply. Information is sought through a general letter, not through RTI. I am thankful for enlighting me on the subject.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

In another recent matter, in view of the special circumstances of the case, IC AD has allowed the disclosure of certified copies of the ACR:

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/AD-27022009-15.pdf

In view of the latest decision of the Full Bench of CIC as mentioned hereinabove and the Supreme Court decision in Dev Dutt vs. Union of India & Ors. [(2008)8 SCC 725] it is decided that the complete information including Notings and Minutes of the Enquiry Committee as sought by the Appellant in the instant case may be duly communicated to her. In view of the apprehension of the Appellant that her ACRs may have been tampered owing to the alleged conspiracy against her by senior officers of MHFW, it is considered a fit case for disclosure of the ACRs in the form of providing certified photocopies of the ACRs as well as the Notings and Minutes of the Enquiry Committee in the interest of justice. Accordingly the Appellant may be provided the aforementioned information within a period of 15 days from the receipt of this order.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Sorry for writing something off the track but this is the best forum where a government staff can really get benefitted.With inputs from people like Agarwal and Karira Sir,all the doubts regarding the problems faced with reference to ACR gets cleared.Giving a weapon is a great job but its even greater to help others how to operate the weapon.I was forced to write as i think just the "thanks" button was not enough to the job Karira Sir is doing and so I was compelled to write it in this forum.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Rajiv,

Many thanks for your nice comments and encouragement. They will motivate me further.

Just for your information, I have absolutely no interest in ACR's. I am just a private businessman. In fact, till 2 years ago (yes, I read the RTI Act for the first time on 21 March 2007 - exactly 2 years ago to this day), I did not even know the difference between ACR and DPC nor between Commissioner and Collector.

My whole approach is from the angle of RIGHT TO INFORMATION.

It is only through RTI and the whole involvement with RTI, by helping members of this forum and others outside the forum, I have learnt so much.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

7. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

I am attaching herewith the decision of the Himachal Pradesh State Information Commission, whereing the SIC has allowed disclosure of the ACRs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

Thnks Mr Vivek, the attatchment is not opening. The message says that the download is damaged etc.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android