Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

CIC in the case of PK SARIN VS DG WRKS CPWD in decision no. CIC-WB-A-2007-00422 dt: 20-4-07 decided that ACR ENTRY TO BE GIVEN to the employee concerned, however NO XEROX COPY is required to be given

The SC also ruled in favour of disclosure of ACR.

The GoI has changed the pattern from ACR to APAR and a copy of the APAR is to be given to the concerned employee. Thus, the performance is assessed in a most transparent way. Naturally, there shall be full compliance of Principles of Natural Justice also. http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/...ASS_160909.pdf

In view of this, there remains no reason to continue this thread further.

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Dear Ravi,
    the OM of DOPT is for APAR and it may not be applicable to ACRs, further different SICs are still giving different decisions on the issue and even different ICs are giving different decisions.
    I feel, continuation of this thread would help the RTI users.
    There are cases where ACRs are abused for settling scores and the applicant can know this only through RTI Act-2005. The present thread is very educative to all, I feel it should continue.

Name:
    Ganesh Peri
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In continuation to what all has been said, I wish to mention that the ACR, now a days, has become a mere formality. Inspite of all, I think the ACR should remain as Official Secret. Otherwise it will add another pull in the straining relations among the officers.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nk agarwal View Post
    Dear Ravi,
    the OM of DOPT is for APAR and it may not be applicable to ACRs, further different SICs are still giving different decisions on the issue and even different ICs are giving different decisions.
    I feel, continuation of this thread would help the RTI users.

Mr Agrawal,

Please read the GoI decision linked in my post on 14/12/09. I feel sorry that you made this post without going through the GoI decision itself, though it is linked in my post. The GoI decision clearly indicate that ACR is replaced by APAR.

Quote Originally Posted by nk agarwal View Post
    There are cases where ACRs are abused for settling scores and the applicant can know this only through RTI Act-2005. The present thread is very educative to all, I feel it should continue.
    Since the copy of APAR is to be given suo-moto to the Reported Official, there is no further need to use RTI for this purpose. Therefore I feel there is no further scope to continue this thread, atleast in the present title, else it may only create confusion and mislead the readers as is seen from the quoted post.

I would request members to read post # 320, 329, 341 & 345 (including links) before making further comments
    Last edited by RAVEENA_O; 22-12-09 at 05:34 PM.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

I could understand your desperation when you say that this thread be closed now to avoid further misunderstanding of the subject. It is high time we did so.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Will wait for a few more comments and see which way members want it.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Abhinik
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I had requested for certified true copies of each pages of all my ACRs, and all other papers from my Dossier.
    The reply from the PIO, I got is
    "The assessment reports made by the superior officers fall in fiduciary relationship and therefore comes under the provision of Clause (e) of Section 8 (1) of the RTI Act 2005. Hence, they are exempted from disclosure. Therefore copies of ACRs cannot be supplied."

How should I appeal to the Appellate Authority?

Please help me.

Are there any RTI activists in Mumbai , especially in Chembur, Sion, Navi Mumbai Area?
    Last edited by akhuiya; 22-12-09 at 08:47 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Just read this whole thread first and you will get enough material for your first appeal.
    Twitter: @cjkarira