Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Name:
    k eswaraiah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

4 out of 5 ACRs are required to be 'Fit for promotion' in the assessment by DPC. This is applicable upto 14300-....i.e. NFSG. Joint Secy & above level promotions, all grades must met bench mark w.e.f panel year 2008-09 (earlier only 4 sufficient). please see UPSC site, in 'promotion by selection'. Eswaraiah.

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Name:
    k eswaraiah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

you can get Gradings for all years. If any grade that falls below 'bench mark' not communicated to you is liable to be treated as 'bench mark'. So ask for Gradings yearwise. If not given, you can appeal upto CIC. The CIC will direct that autorities to give gradings (Not ACRs). Tarseem lal case of recent times is relevent.

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Mr. Kushal,
    this is not the process at present, after the introduction of "bench mark" in ACRs and also amendment in the DPC assessment.
    Further "Average" grading is not considered adverse what to speak of "Good" grading when the bench mark is kept "Very Good".
    It is a fact that ACRs can be manipulated to impact an employee adversely which the employee comes to know quite late when the damage has already been done. It is like planting a time bomb that explodes sometimes after 4-5 years and the employee has no means to know about it.
    RTI Act-2005 provides this opportunity to the employee. It is not possible for all to knock the doors of courts and in courts also the employer opposes disclosure of relevant documents and the matter lingers on.
    I am saying this from personal experience.
    Let this thread continue, as it is helping members to know what is what about ACRs and DPCs and which is of vital public interest.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

'Grading', 'Benchmark' 'Fit for promotion' etc are not the subject issue of this thread. The issue whether 'disclosure of ACR comes under Official Secret Act' is well interacted and arrived at a cogent and conclusive decision that -

(1) Extract entries in ACR to be disclosed to the Reported Official (officer concerned), but it is not necessary to give Xerox copy.

(2) ACR is replaced by Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) by GoI.

(3) Copy of APAR is to be given suo-moto to the Reported Official.

The issue is thus finally stand answered that -

(i) ACR is disclosable to the Reported Official (ACR of each employee is disclosable to that employee himself/herself)

(ii) Consequently, disclosure of ACR do not come under Official Secret Act.

Let us discuss other issues relating to ACR/APAR in this thread - http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/40189-...tml#post103595
    Last edited by RAVEENA_O; 23-12-09 at 01:45 PM.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I again repeat my apprehension that the PAs may not apply the DOPT OM to ACRs i.e the "ACRs" prior to the birth of APARs, any way I have my doubts that with the DOPT OM under reference the PAs would provide copies of ACRs to applicants.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Departmental directives have already been circulated to all Ministries and Departments and Field Units. I have no doubt that you might have bad ACRS in the past. If you doubt the integrity of the Policy decision of the Government in which you are a functionary, the ACRs may undoubtedly be reflecting such attitude. Think positively. Ours is a Govt by the people for the people. You must trust your organization, your superiors and subordinates. This quality needs to be developed for better delegation and smooth functioning of the governmental machinery. Good Luck
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I take objections to such comments in this forum.
    The moderator may pl. take note of it, such comments have no place place in this forum as per the guide lines of this forum.
    This forum is meant to share RTI problems , seek guidance and experiences ony?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

This thread is going way beyond RTI and into the merits/demerits of ACR's/APAR's etc.
    There are enough orders / decisions here from CIC and some SIC's on disclosure of ACR's under RTI.
    There is also a Supreme Court order.
    Continuing the thread will lead to further digression from the purpose of this forum.

Thread Closed
    Twitter: @cjkarira