Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spoiling of CR in PSU.

can you plz elaborate what is CR Point ?

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spoiling of CR in PSU.

dear Rajesh ji,
    you can not get ACRs of others under RTI Act as it is considered 3rd party information .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

thanks for the help

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Hon'ble members. In view of your friend, there are sufficient reasons to exclude annual confidential report of an employee from official secrets act. Which are as follows 1- It will bring transparency in the working of public authority. 2- Punishment could be awarded to erring public servants for their wrongdoings. 3- Excellent and meritorious may be spared from clutches of corrupt offices. 4-Corrupt officers will not get backdoor help to reach the pinnacle of glory. 5- Growing corruption in the system which has taken giant form, could be controlled till some extent. 6-Discrimination in the department could be curbed till some extent. 7- The goal of RTI Act to achieve transparency and accountability would be easily accessible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ACR has migrated to APAR, now disclosure to concerning person is mandatory. however its not clear whether APAR is under official secrets act.....If APAR is not, then APAR can be obtained through RTI and posted in public forum. APAR or ACR's have long been used to tarnish the image of those who raised their voice against mismanagement and corruption. I myself is a victim of linguistic and cultural discrimination by superiors, and revaluation procedure is just an eyewash, In my view APAR is soemthing we can do without, some extremely corrupt have glowing APAR and some diligent and honest officers have scars all over..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing the information,s that,s a nice post. I have been looking information on the about the Annual Confidential Reports.This discussion has solve my concern .I am very grateful . i am just site walking and very happy to stop here.
    Last edited by karira; 20-04-12 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Deleted external link

Name:
    Sajib Nandi
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Reported by Zeenews.india.com on April 22, 2012
    HC rejects plea to make ACRs public under RTI

New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has rejected a plea for disclosure of the annual performance appraisal reports of public servants on the ground of the same being in public interest.

A bench of acting Chief Justice A K Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw dismissed transparency activist R K Jain's plea against the court's single-judge bench order, saying that it has asked the Central Information Commission (CIC) to find out if it is in public interest to declare government servants' annual confidential report (ACRs).

"We, accordingly, do not find any merit in this appeal and the same is dismissed," the bench said.

The bench was hearing Jain's appeal against the order of a single-judge bench, which had held the annual performance appraisal reports (APARs), previously known as ACRs, of a public servant were "personal information" under the RTI and hence, exempted from disclosure unless it was established a "larger public interest" warranted the disclosure.

Jain had sought setting aside the single-judge bench order and issuance of a direction to the Centre to disclose alleged "adverse" remarks in ACR of Jyoti Balasundaram, a member of Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal (CESTAT) in 2000-01.

Jain earlier had approached the CESTAT's Central Principal Information Officer, who had refused to "divulge any information on the ground that it was exempted under Section 8(1)(i) of the RTI Act". The CIC had also declined the plea on the same ground.

The single, judge while dismissing the plea, had remitted it back to CIC to decide if such information is in public interest. It had said the disclosure sought was "third party information herein and the third party may plead a privacy".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I vote to this thread.