Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 495051525354555657 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

OM of the DoPT, clarifies the official position on this issue. No 10/20/2006-IR dated 21 Sept 2007. This clarifies,the balancing of the public interest and the private protected interest in case of ACR: be decided by the concern ed competent public authority.

› Find content similar to: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Ambarish, Thank you. I appreciate the efforts of all those who helped bring in this kind of transparency to an earlier secret activity. 'Devdutta" is a landmark. For those who are following this case please see 'Asbhijit Ghosh Dastidar vs GOI'. This is a three member SC judgement which confirms 2 membered 'Devdutta'. I am told there is a similar litigation going on before SC full bench reg one Mr.Goyal, for want of a three judge decision; which is available in 'Abhijit'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am giving an example of a particular PSU. It adopted PAR since 2008. Now every officer can see his PAR marks. In the beginning bosses were against its disclosure as it would cause them embarrassment. But, it definitely helped juniors. Many bosses were caught lying in the first year PAR was made transparent. I know many employees of the organisation who have started getting better PAR since made transparent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We are in 2012, but aparantly the state governments do not know about these developments. The ACR continues to rule.

The compulsory disclosure mandated by 'Devdutta'.‘Devdutta’ is institutionalised in ‘THE ALL INDIA SERVICES (PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL REPORT) RULES, 2007 Rule9. ‘This prescribes a procedure for Disclosure of performance appraisal report to the officer reported upon and procedure for representation to the Referral Board.

State govt has no such procedure in place till date.The IAS officers in the state do have the refined transperant fascility of Rule 9. The state govt maintains its ignorance when it comes to the state govt employees. How can this be changed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to bump into discussion but I think this may be important.

Hello Fellow RTI activists,

I am happy to say that raaci has mature over the years and now our platform is ready to be a new tool for all Activists/citizens to search for RTI data, Share RTI data and create campaigns based on RTI and govt data.

Please go to the website at External links not allowed to experience the platform.

You can search the current database for any relevant information but we reply on the community to build up this database so that everyone can benefit fromt he hard fought information you got from the public authority using the RTI. You can share and upload RTI files at:External links not allowed

The platform is still at beta testing phase and we would love any feedback from you.

Sincerely,
    RAACI Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Government employee is a survent to public...his income is coming from public for his service...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mallapurammadhu View Post
    Government employee is a survent to public...his income is coming from public for his service...
    Hon'ble member-There is logic in your statement which can't be overlooked. In public interest , Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) must be disclosed as the demand of hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bombaygirl View Post
    Hi,
    I agree with Milinduw completely. Some transperancy is needed so that better officials are promoted not relatives of the current top officers. In fact at some level of crucial officers should be voted by the citizens of the city/town itself, like they have in Europe.

Dhara
    I m also agree with this there should be transparency so people can assure for their selection it is done through right way