Topic Identifier

Poll: Should Annual Confidential Report of Officials be disclosed under RTI?

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

right Mr Pathak

Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Please donot forget that we have perfected the art of rigging polls.

Name:
    Vishwas Bhamburkar

Let me put in my 2-cents' worth. I'll refer to another of my post on this site -https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/111158-request-specific-rules.html

This particular IAS Officer had/has a chargesheet against him, a copy of which I have got from CAT under RTI (since the State Govt surprisingly did not seem to be aware of this chargesheet that it had itself issued to him) and the present status is not known. However, this particular officer has got a promotion. As I understand, this is on the verge of being unbelievable. This makes me suspect whether this chargesheet reflects in the Officer's ACR at all. If it does and this officer has still got the promotion, he should be promoted to the status of a magician from his present status as an IAS Officer.

I am being denied a copy of his ACR. Another aspect is that this particular officer has had some 14 vigilance inquiries against him (again, outcome unknown). There are other shenanigans that this officer has indulged in.

Is this (denial of ACR) in public interest?

The ACR, now rechristined as APAR does not contain details of disciplinary actions - taken or pending!! There is no separate specific column for this purpose in the form. That someone is involved in a disciplinary case will be revealed only when the so called 'vigilance clearance' is given by the Ministry concerned. Remember the case of the gentleman who was considered/ cleared for appointment as CVC and was denied that only by the intervention of the Supreme Court. The fact of his pending CBI case was overlooked even while giving vigilance clearance, it seems. After all every one is entitled to forget something sometime.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

The Supreme Court has ruled that ACRs of others fall under "personal information" and can be denied under Sec 8(1)(j). They can only be disclosed if "larger public interest" is involved and after following due third party procedure specified in Sec 11.

Please read the latest (16 April 2013) Supreme Court judgment on ACRs of others here:

SC: ACRs of others only after 3rd party and larger - Downloads - RTI INDIA- Right to Information

good issue for discussion

7. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

Please also refer: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/116952...le-period.html

Regards
    Ambrish

8. Re: Disclosures of Annual Confidential Reports (ACR) comes under Official Secret Act

ACRs (Annual Confidential Reports as the nomenclature suggests contains"CONFIDETIAL INFORMATION" and therefore cannot be disclosed under Official Secrets Act(EXEMPTED CATEGORY) Further it should be clear to all that half of the form is filled by the official as SELF APPRAISAL and the remainng half by the REPORTING OFFICER (IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR) and his boss (REVEIWING OFFICER) If there are an ADVERSE ENTRIES it will be communicated to the official by giving xerox copy of COMPLETE CR to enable him to APPEAL.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android