Poll: Is RTI counter producing corruption in retrospect

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Is RTI counter producing corruption in retrospect

Dear Informaticians,

Recently one of my friend went to ask for some information from a Central Govt[office.There he was taken aback that some of the junior staff clerks dealing with the submission and procedures of RTI application demanded bribe that really stunning was surprised by his narrations, but eventually I thought that “Old Habits die hard”, either it is the Public who seeks the information or it’s the dealing Govt staff, we all have become part of the largely corrupting system. Here it’s not only the Official who are to be blamed, but Public is equally responsible.
    Therefore I strongly opine that “Is RTI counter producing corruption in retrospect” and Can RTI Act be misused to pressurize Govt Officials?

THESE ARE GENERAL Questions, those come in the psyche of a person, seeking to know RTI Act better and better without any derogatory or conscious reasons.

Abhinav

› Find content similar to: Is RTI counter producing corruption in retrospect

Last edited by ambrish.p; 25-08-10 at 02:47 PM. Reason: removed office images

Re: Is RTI counter producing corruption in retrospect

I think this will be very pertinent in coming times as the ACT shows it's teeth.

Thanx a ton...

and Hope we hear further healthy replies on the issue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have gone through one case of Zamabandi in The office of a Senior Revenue Officer posted in the district of Giridih (Jharkhand) after receiving RTI Application,The Officer approached the party through Broker took bribe and done the work in haste in back date.
    Everything is in Black & White, The xerox copy is with me. Isnt it an alarming Situation?
    Last edited by prasad.dhirendra; 26-07-07 at 10:06 AM.

Yes it is ....But than as I said earlier ...its no only the officer...But also the RTI applicant @ Indian citizen, who has to be equally blammed...

Hope you all Agree that if there is no Public Responsiblity , the Public also has No Responsiblity

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Prasad & Abhinav,

You have xerox copy in black and white.
    Here is a case where even CIC is aware about it:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/rti-ne...-appelant.html

Right Karira

and Its all those who have answered in NO, in the above Poll, let them know some more facts about the misuse...

CIC asks applicants not to misuse RTI Act-India-The Times of India

This is another

But Informaticians lets not discuss the problem , but also lets put in some solutions...What can be done so that like other Acts , RTI should not become fertile for corruption and no seed can been sown to germinate later