Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

1. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Hello an update so new people know the procedure and progress
    1) 8/8/2007 Application sent To PIO
    2) 8/8/2007 Copy of questions sent by PIO to the 2 diffrent dept 1) parks and gardens, 2) Town planning
    3) 13/8/2007 I personally recieve the 2 letters sent to the diffrent dept on the Behalf of the PIO.
    4) 01/09/2007
    Reply of 1 letter from PIO from the town planning office

Today 01-09-2007
    I just got a reply from the PIO for the letter which he sent to the town development officer.
    in that 3 questions were to that departments.
    questions where
    1)Please provide me copies of the Green Belt Norms and Regulations in connection to construction.
    2) Please give the details of the construction work carried out at (site give location)
    i.e. nature of construction purpose of construction etc.
    3) what is the margin to be left from adjecent compund wall on the green belt area.
    4) is the current construction on the green belt area Plot number YYYY of the office and the toilet and bathroom legal or Illegal
    5) What is the Sanitation measures passed for the toilet and bathroom on the plot YYYY ?
    6) please give me the copies of the tender and contract for the above mentioned construction.

one copy was forwarded to the Parks and Gardens questions asked were ( 2, 4, 5, 6) and one copy to the town development department questions asked were (1,3,5)

I got a letter today with the following reply from town development office for questions 1,3,5
    1) for regulations and norms of green belt please refer GDCR 1994 Book all rules and regulations are written there.
    (I checked the GDCR 1994 rules book and there is no mention of anything to do with green belt or parks or gardens. the rule book is for the construction in the state generally , please try and see at https://www.vadodaracity.com/GDCR-1994.pdf its a 100 page rule book.

3) for the margin to be left it is written it depends on the plot size.
    ( in my case it is been built with no margin my wall is their office wall)

5) for the toilet and bathroom no permission has been taken.

They them selves say it is illegal.
    and in 1) the rules and regulation it is wrong there is nothing mentioned.
    ok now what next?

2. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by drgipatel View Post

5) for the toilet and bathroom no permission has been taken.

They them selves say it is illegal.
    Since they have already admitted that "its illegal" on paper, its a valid document and can be used as an evidence. You have several options. File a complain / FIR with police, using these documents. You can also file another RTI with the same PA asking that since the construction was illegal, who is responsible for its removal. Also ask for an action taken report on such illegal encroachments in the area.

File another RTI Application with the Forest Deptt. and find out if permission was taken for any tree cutting in that area. (Even if no trees were cut). Ask them if any survey was carried in the the area for any protected species and if any environmental clearance was given. (Since its a green belt area and the fact that a rare species of tortoise was found in Baroda some time back as well as marsh crocodiles) Irregardless of the fact, its best to involve them too. There may not be a proper response but it will wake them up too

Send yet another RTI Application to the Prime Ministers Office, highlighting this illegal and unauthorized construction in the green belt area, ask them if any search was carried out in this area by the National Security. Also point out that there is a possibility that this construction could be an act being carried out by terrorists and can be used as a depot to store arms. True or false, it will get the authorities take action immediately.

Note, every citizen who cares for his country should keep a constant vigil for such activities. Report even if you see an abandoned car. Recently such reports have helped solve a case of burglary, prevent an act of kidnapping and terrorism.

Lage Rao

Manoj

3. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Recieved reply from the 2nd department on 14/09/2007 with a delay of 6 days
    the answers are not clear.
    what to do next? and what penalty shall be there for the delay?
    Regards

4. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

As a Citizen we are aware of the things going around our locallity we find things which are illegal and we complain to the dept the dept does not take any step so we try to get information under the RTI act , the dept them selves confirm that things are illegal then why do they not try to stop or remove the illegal activities.
    as a observer what maximum we can do is inform the dept but the dept must act properly as once things are setup so much of time is been wasted in sending applications and communicating and meeting our law advisers, do all citizens have so much of time? people are aware but to how many doors can they complain. even the PIO gives incompleate replies so again file another appeal and again waith for many days and by the mean time the illegal structures are built up and ready for inaguration, we are really helpless by the ways of the govt.

5. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Quote Originally Posted by drgipatel View Post
    , the dept them selves confirm that things are illegal then why do they not try to stop or remove the illegal activities. .
    In this connection, Shri Manoj Pai had given you some valuable suggestions about filing a complaint/FIR etc. Were you able to put any of that to use?

If the siad illegal construction is proceeding unhindered, I suggest you to seek appropriate legal guidance to obtain an injunction restraining the builders from proceeding further and also to demolish the illegal structure already constructed. The civic authorities who have confirmed about the illegality of the construction can be made co-respondents in the case.

RTI Act enables you to obtain information only. In some cases, the information so obtained needs to used as an evidence to followup the matter to its logical conclusion using other avenues.

6. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Hello All Want to just update the process
    I had to file for an 1st appeal but still the structures are as it is. The Officers are still not removing the encroachments.
    regards

7. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Pen down your grievance to Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government

8. Re: How do I file an Application For Green Belt Norms and Regulations

Just an update
    Have still not recived any positive result I also have filed for the 2nd appeal and also have written to the Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government and Human Rights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android