Central Information Commission
Dated, the 20th September, 2006
- Name of the Appellant : Sh. K.K. Dawar, A-221, Kidwai Nagar (East), New Delhi – 110 023.
- Name of the Public Authority: Department of Personnel and Training, M/o Personnel, PG and Pensions, 3rd floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi.
- The appellant, a UDC, has grievances against the respondent on the matter of promotion of UDCs against the vacant posts of Assistants. In thiscontext, he has sought huge information, mainly in the form of queries that hasbeen duly answered by the CPIO.
- Being not satisfied with the response of the CPIO, he filed his 1st appeal and the appellate authority too has given point-wise detailed reply.
- There are no provisions under the RTI Act for redressal of grievances relating to recruitment, transfer, promotions, etc., of the Govt. employees. The appellant should, therefore, specify the required documents on the basis of which he could approach the competent authority for redressal of his grievances.
- Since there is no denial of information in this case, the appeal is dismissed.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)