Thread: How to get back my GPF records from Doordarshan using RTI?

1. Question How to get back my GPF records from Doordarshan using RTI?

Please could you help with my following case:

I resigned from the services with Doordarshan about 8 years ago and since then have been writing them letters for settling my GPF and pension funds. Till date, they have not respnded. I now live aborad and last time I was in India, I went to DD Delhi and no one could tell me where the file was or what was happening to it. How do I use RTI to get back my dues?

thanks

Nandini

2. Re: Pls help...

Hi Nandini,

I would try to give you the advise but the casue has to be resolved by your own confidence and action.

As you said you have already resigned from DD that too 8 years back its quite undefining that why the matter was not sorted the thn. As whenever Govt servant or any personnel resign or retires all such financial pendings , including GPF , issues are resolved.

Well ! Thn also if you PF issue is pending with your Ex-Dept and irrespective of your "WRITTEN" applications and perusals the matter is not been given attention you can always Complaint the matter to the the Regional PF Commsnr. Details pertaining to all your queries are here in the website EPFO

Further as far as RTI is concerned 8 years and retirement case is too old to pursue for records.

Still you can always login to Welcome to the site of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and submit your complaint and check if RTI act in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting , Govt of India or RTI Act itself permits 8 year old case.

Well as far as RTI Act is concerned you can always go ahead Right to Information Manual and file the same

Hope this would help you out

Thx

Abhinav
    ...The Right Informed
    Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 30-07-07 at 12:14 AM. Reason: matter correction

3. Re: Pls help...

Sorry read retired as resigned

4. Re: Pls help...

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post
    Hi Nandini,

Further as far as RTI is concerned 8 years and retirement case is too old to pursue for records.
    The above view misleads. I would suggest Abhinav to go through all the posts of Anuj Dhar who is following up a 60 year old case, to have a clear understanding in the matter. The following thread will also help to remove such misconceptions : Misplaced file: 17 years on, CIC tells DDA to pay up Rs 50,000 .

5. Re: How to get back my GPF records from Doordarshan using RTI?

GO through my advise Once again Ganpat

Things I dont know I have categorically told to see it from the Link ...I am pasting the same to you

"Still you can always login to Welcome to the site of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting and submit your complaint and check if RTI act in Ministry of Information and Broadcasting , Govt of India or RTI Act itself permits 8 year old case"

See the word "CHECK"

I have just given her links and general advises ....Nothing to mislead...

I have also told her to see the RTI mannual for further details....

And its a fact that whenever anyone retires of resigns Govt offices always CLEAR all such financial matters.

I think Ganpat you are still in Humorous Mood , therefore I would say..dont just conclude becasue "Abhinav wrote it", In fact even if I was wrong...SOme polite word thn "MISLEAD" etc would have beend used.

And You give your points/.....Thats FORUM

Dont try to concentrate on what other have said...

Forum is for suggesting and not judging

Regards (Not Due)

6. Re: How to get back my GPF records from Doordarshan using RTI?

Guys, remember we are helping Nandini. If Abhinav you have some issue realted to another member, kindly use the PM to get it cleared rather than posting at the forum; your dissent. Chances are you will make friends.

Further as far as RTI is concerned 8 years and retirement case is too old to pursue for records
    Yes, Ganpat is right in the sense that the GPF records are not distroyed in 8 years in any department and therefore asked to see other threads where many years older cases people are getting information.

Even though each ministry has it's own preservation period of different records, the GPF record seems to be the ever lasting one, and with computerization of the accounts, it is bound to be present. Thus when Ganpat said, it misleads, it more so meant that it un-nessessary dis-heartens the person even before it is attempted.

Further, when the employee dues are not cleared, there is no way that they could have been distroyed.

However, Nandini, as Abhinav said, you must find the PIO who looks after the record from the website and make a simple query asking for the record of yours.

You must suppliment it by asking "what progress has been made over your GPF case", and also, who are responsible for the delay.

The RTI may not give you the GPF dues, but it will help you find the cause of delay for sure and indirectly speed up your case too.

I am closing this thread. Nandini, if you have further question regarding framing of the RTI application, kindly post it at "Ask for framing RTI query" and we would be happy to help you.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android