Topic Identifier

Thread: I am having question regarding UPC

1. I am having question regarding UPC

Mr Manoj Pai
    I am having question regarding UPC.
    1) as we dont have acknowledge of the receipt of letter then how can we go for appeal
    2) can a PIO deny by saying that he has not received a reply
    3) I have received a reply under RTI for one of my application. The problem was the postman has dropped my reply to my neighbor's house and he gave me after 2 months.
    4) How to held postal department for such kind of mistake.

2. Re: in whose favour do you draw the instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    I am having question regarding UPC.
    1) as we dont have acknowledge of the receipt of letter then how can we go for appeal
    2) can a PIO deny by saying that he has not received a reply
    3) I have received a reply under RTI for one of my application. The problem was the postman has dropped my reply to my neighbor's house and he gave me after 2 months.
    4) How to held postal department for such kind of mistake.
    1) Photocopy of the UPC is enough. It means the notice has been served. CIC accepts letters sent by UPC. If you have the money then send by Speed Post / Regd AD. In conformity with the new CIC Regulations, one has to provide a proof that the copy of the 2nd appeal has been served to the respondents before submitting to CIC. I mail the 2nd appeal to both respondents by UPC. I attach the photocopy of this UPC with the 2nd Appeal I send to CIC. This suffices.

2) Did you mean to ask "can the PIO deny that he has not received an RTI Application"? In that case, any sort of proof which you have, either signed acknowledgement, photocopy of UPC, Speed / Regd Post receipt etc. then it would go against him during the hearing with the Commission under Section 18. Note, info not provided within 30 days is information denied. As such the can be penalized.

3) You can file a complain with the Postal Deptt. The post man stands to either be transferred or action taken against him under CCS(CCA) Rules. Please enquire with the Post Man first, if this was a genuine mistake. Also talk to your neighbour. If it was a Regd. Post then both the Post Man and the Neighbour are at fault and liable for criminal action. So think before you complain.

4) You can complain on negligence and dereliction of duty with the GPO of your city. Try to find out if the letter was sent by ordinary post, UPC or Regd / Speed Post. Check out and see if the cover / wrapper of the letter had the RTI letters printed or stamped on it. As per the rules all such letters should clearly state "RTI Matter" and "URGENT" on the cover. (I have printed my own covers with the above letters printed in bold on them.) If its not printed or hand written, you can file a complain with the SIC/CIC as the case may be, pointing out the lapses. Check some of the CIC decisions around 20th Feb. 2007

Best wishes

Manoj

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android