Can we ask for Border disputes information in RT Act

It has become a regular feature that even though most of our neighbouring nations are offshoots of our humbelness and excuse still they regularily threaten us-

1. Pakistan on Kashimir, Seiachin etc
    2. Bangladesh on New Moon Island and Other NE-BD frontiers
    3. China on Sikkim , AP , Akai Chin
    4. Sri Lanka around Indian Ocean
    5. SE Asia in Bay of Bengal
    6. Bhutan Sikkim land seize

So is it possible or legal to ask Informations pertaining to such international borders issues from Govt of India under the RTI Act

Informations like

1. What are the negotiations process and draft plan
    2. The verity pertaining to the reasons behind the international treaties , wherein , even though all the partitions were legally formulated still why even countries like Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka (where we had upper hand during all the conflicts) still have kept our lands captive from decades and solution reached yet

Friends Can we ask such Strategic questions in RTI Act
    Also let us know that if we can not directly ask such questions

HOW can be frame it in such a manner that we atleast get some general information regarding the international borders disputes

For general information as we all know all these are general issues now a days in Indian politics

Abhinav
    ...The RIght Informed

› Find content similar to: Can we ask for Border disputes information in RT Act

Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 03-08-07 at 11:15 PM. Reason: addition

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Can we ask for Border disputes information in RT Act

We can of cource ask; but will not get information. All the aspects brought out by you can easily be covered under Section 8 of the Act. Further, most of the aspects you were wanting to know involve activities of certain Security organisations given in the Second Schedule (Section 24 of the RTI Act). I think that even the MPs may not be able to get these informations. As an old soldier, let me say that it is much much more complicated than you could imagine and better leave it, as nothing could be achieved

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yes. You can Ask; but you will not get the information. Most of the information sought for by you can easily be exempted under Section 8 of the RTI Act. Further the required information involved activities of some of the Security Organisation mentioned in the Second Schedule (Section 24) of theAct. I doubt whether even the MPs can get this information. As an old soldier, let me put it that the information you were wanting to know is much much more complicated than you could ever imagine. My advice is to leave it.

Soldier never quits and you being a soldier wann us to leave...

With due respect....In rtiindia.org ....we dont just discuss limitations, but we explore options ....

In fact all such Non-strategic information pertaining to External Affairs as easily available through the link Ministry of External Affairs, India
    And this is the RTI division of MEA wherein such informations can be congegrated...
    <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Appellate Authority
    Sh. Ajai Choudhry,
    Additional Secretary (PP)
    Room No. - 144 C, South Block
    Ministry of External Affairs,
    New Delhi -110011
    Fax no +91-11-23013387
    E-mail : asppr@mea.gov.in

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Central Public Information Officer
    Sh. A.K. Nag,
    Joint Secretary (Wel & Inf) & CPIO
    Room No. 801, Akbar Bhavan,
    Ministry of External Affairs, Chankyapuri,
    New Delhi-110021
    Phone No 24676151
    Fax no +91-11-26883667
    E-mail : jswel@mea.gov.in

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>For Consular Passport & Visa Division.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Appellate Authority
    Sh. R. Swaminathan,
    Joint Secretary (CPV),
    Room No. 20, Patiala House,
    Ministry of External Affairs, Tilak Marg,
    New Delhi -110001
    Fax no +91-11-23782821
    E-mail : jscpv@mea.gov.in

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Central Public Information Officer
    Sh. R.N. Kajla,
    Under Secretary (CPV-RTI)
    Room No. 6, Patiala House,
    Ministry of External Affairs, Tilak Marg,
    New Delhi -110001
    Fax no +91-11-23070644
    E-mail : uscpvrti@mea.gov.in

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

In fact Security Agencies and Informations pertaining to Security comes under MHA , wherein besides certain informations pertaining to those 17 organization all other informations can be asked for..Link for mHA Rti..

Ministry of Home Affairs - Govt of India - Right to Information Act-2005

And being a Public Civil Servant from one of the 17 security agencies mentioned in II Schedule (Section 24) I would strongly suggest that GO AHEAD...ITS OUR RIGHT RIGHT AND RIGHT

Abhinav

NOTE: Rtinindia.org members I am also looking forward for further replies from the senior members so that our new members should have no MYTHS over the issue....In the name of security myth one should not forget that rti is far bigger thn myths...

In fact the reason I have posted this thread is , is to let many come out of myths related to RTI act\\

Abhinav
    ....The Right informed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post
    Friends Can we ask such Strategic questions in RTI Act
    Also let us know that if we can not directly ask such questions

Abhinav
    ...The RIght Informed
    If your question is phrased well, then you will get the information. You might not get at the first stage but certainly at the 1st Appeal level. The modus operandi is simple. File a simple RTI Application first. If the reply is not satisfactory, go in for the 1st Appeal and depending on the 1st reply, file yet a 2nd RTI Application with the same PA. I found that with repetitive RTI Application , with the same PA helps, provide they are phrase properly. By the time the 1st RTI Application goes for the 2nd Appeal, you should have 3-4 replies from different applications. You can go in for another round of RTI Applications with different PA this time, such that, you will have gained ample information on the subject, giving you good grounds for the hearing with the CIC. Of course there are chance that the PIO would get fed up with your perpetual applications and might decide to give you the information right away.

Of course, its time tasking, the inventory can grow out of hand and also be expensive. But then such information can be extremely valuable too.

You can add Sir Creek (Gujarat-Pak border), McMohan line (Indo China) etc. to your list. You can also ask them as to how, international media(Press & TV) have inside information on such disputes, while bonadife India citizens do not.

Best wishes

Manoj

Well said Manoj

In fact this thread I have initiated for our members and guests to get away from various RTI Myths

As suggested by you ...see there is a way out...this is what matters here in rtiinda.org....good ...

Lets keep such things posted so that myths go by....

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

During my army career, I too have served actively in some of those Security organisations. As a soldier who knew too much on the issues raised, I in person prefer not to indulge in probing them. You are absolutely correct that a fertile brain can always extract bits and pieces of information from various sources and arrive at the desired conclusion. Defenitly I am not quitting; but only implying the futility.

Dear Colonel ,

If I am not incorrect FUTILITY means- Uselessness as a consequence of having no practical result...

Great ....

You see its not about desired conclusion but its about a MOtivational start.....

And for any Start it is paramount to not only have a Positive Rh factor but a Positive attitude..

We Appreciate your Futility based on experince ...

We would also like you to know that in rtiindia.org or rti activity its not the futility but utility that have to be persued and supported

And we would be happy that a more cultivated brain like your can be of some help for utility of rti act
    Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 20-08-07 at 06:30 PM. Reason: add