Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The RTI is applicable to court as well. If the supreme court of india is covered then high courts cannot escape RTI.
    Yes there is small variance that the each court is supposed to frame its own rule for RTI act.
    In case of Maharastra High court, the RTI rules is yet to be framed as appears from the news reports.
    Once the rules are framed the court will provide information in terms of RTI act and RTI rules as framed by the court.

PS: Supreme Court of india have a section for RTI on main page.
    Supreme Court of India

› Find content similar to: Are there any organization in Government not covered under RTI Act?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks kushal for reply .Just one more quarry.Is there any time limit for framing rules under the act as already one yr is passed & mumbai high court has not framed the rules

will it be proper to ask CJ of high court or CJI under RTI to give time frame for framing such rules under the act .IN present case ,not framing the rule is advantageous to courts & so they may indefinitely delay the matters

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Every Public authority shall publish within one hundred and twenty days from the enactment of this Act the complete details, as per the Chapter II of RTI act.

You can read it at our FAQ here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/faq.ph...chapter_ii_rti

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Are there any organization in Government not covered under RTI Act?

Can any one answer how an employee who works in an intelligence agency (which is exempted from providing information)can get information regardfing some service matters or job related policies or any other matter whatsoever, not related with the security or intelligence issues.For example ,delay in releasing pension or other service isues like inspection of DPC reports, disciplinary matters etc. In a case which has come to me, Kolkata Police has refused to provide developement status in some service related matter on the plea that the particular unit of kolkata Police is exempted under WB RTI rules from furnishing the information.Please suggest the ways under RTI Act or rules to tackle this situation.Going to High Court under article 226 is a costly affair for an employee,which I donot suggest to my clients due to pecuniary constraints.In most of the cases I use RTI act and more or less get responses to my favour to plead the case at the adminstrative levels.Kushal ji may kindly advise as why the information sought by the junior police staff becomes an issue of ego on the part of the SPIO`s who are normally IPS officers who do not like to reply. Why is this blockade?Is it a psychological problem?Or the senior officers are very much possessive about the information? adil

Name:
    seema
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

is there any special provision for defece prsonnels if they have to use rti

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

No special provision.
    Just apply like a ordinary citizen.

Name:
    G.V.Ravi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What if I want to query about something or maybe I want to expose some corruption and still I don't want to my identity to be know in such a case what should I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12