Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inactive State Information Commissions

1. Re: inactive State Information Commissions

Hello Col NR Kurup,

I write this to add the UPSIC to the list of nonperforming/ inactive ICs.
    Regards.

Name:
    Anuranjan Sinha
    Blog Entries

Re: inactive State Information Commissions

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    The painful part isthat the media in Kerala is silent. They throw away even the pleas made for publication in their 'letters to editor columns'. After reading various comments of mine from various forums junior journalists do approach me. When I suggest them to consult their management before plunging into any adventures or quotting me on RTI experiences, they vanish in thin air. . It is too clear that the media need helps from the bureaucrates for their survival. Strenghening the RTI is not the liking of such bureaucrates and amount to deepening the graves of corrupt bureaucratees. The immediate need is to get more media coverage which I find too difficult.
    Respected Sir,
    Your opinion regarding media exposure is quite right. As the fourth pillar of democracy media can be used to bring into forefront the injustice happening all around . The sad part is that media has not shown much interest in RTI. One of the reasons for the same is that people are themselve not as enthusiastic as they should be.
    But the scenario is bound to change as RTI evolves and people becoming more conscious about RTI not only as their right but their duty as a citizen.

3. Re: inactive State Information Commissions

Unfortunately nature of this discussions are beyond our scope of the site. It is already an old thread and may not be the accurate judgement of the current status.

Closing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android