Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

I tend to completely disagree.
    It depends on whether it is a "public examination" or a "internal examination". Also, if it is a "large scale" examination (like CBSE, ICSE, UPSC) or a departmental examination.
    The marks awarded by the university in an examination form part of the results. Once the results are announced, they come into the "public domain".
    In fact, several universities put up the results, marks and grades obtained by students on the notice board. So where is the question of "fiduciary realtionship" ?
    For example, results announced by various boards are put up on the internet. They are accessible to anyone as long as you know the roll number. The roll numbers are displayed on the notice board of every school and college. So, where is the secrecy ?
    My personal experience is as follows:
    My son studies in one of the premier institutes of this country. The institute has a semester system and awards grades for each course. The grades are based on the marks obtained (statistical distribution of the whole class marks divided into A, B, C, D and E grades based on various parameters). He had a suspicion that in one of the courses, a professor had unduly favoured another student. The notice board results only showed the grades but not the marks. Encouraged by me (he was very reluctant about it initially) he filed a RTI application with the Dean of Academics to get the marks of all the students in the course, the principle used for the statistical distribution and the methodology used for correlating marks with grades. The RTI application was answered to and it turned out that not only his suspicions were correct but there were other "manipulations" too.
    Linardini, I recall some decisions of the CIC and some SCIC about this. Please give some time to trace these out for you.

2. Re: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

I stand modified, as I meant 'Evaluated Answer Scrips', which seems out of context to 'marks'.

3. Re: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

Friends

Linardni was the reason I initiated the thread and the basic answer that all of us are discussing far above that...Good enough....

But Let us understand one can't compair the result informations on the net etc with information ebing asked for particluarly panelizing an person. I think general inofrmation in net is different from RTI information....

All the results in the internet read "This is not the true result, technical error possible"

What we ask about a person to apprehend him with a plan in mind is perhapes the reason that Mr Kushal's remarks are more correct

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post
    Friends

Linardni was the reason I initiated the thread and the basic answer that all of us are discussing far above that...Good enough....

But Let us understand one can't compair the result informations on the net etc with information ebing asked for particluarly panelizing an person. I think general inofrmation in net is different from RTI information....

All the results in the internet read "This is not the true result, technical error possible"

What we ask about a person to apprehend him with a plan in mind is perhapes the reason that Mr Kushal's remarks are more correct
    Abhinav,

The querry was:

One of our members wants to gets details of some other persons marks in a university examinations etc..

And my reply is based on that querry as well as comments made by others in this thread.

Nowhere have I said whether to trust the Internet or not.
    Besides, apprehending a person or penalising someone does not come into the picture of my post at all.
    If you or linardni could post your querry in clear manner, the answers or opinions you get will also be equally clear.

5. Re: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

@ karira
    yes, i got the right piece of advice. i should have framed the query in a better way for ease of understanding, however your reply directed me in the right track of interpretation. thanks.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

linardni and Abhinav,

I have 237 citations (I have read 49 of them completely) from CIC allowing disclosure of marks in examinations.

I have another 46 citations (I have read 32 of them completely) from diferent SIC's on the same subject AND supporting my contention.

If I post all of them here, Kushal will accuse me of occupying precious server space.

Besides, at 0055 Hrs, and after having spent the whole day in my continuous running battle with Officers of the Commercial Tax Department of AP, I am too tired to copy/paste 283 citations. Need to get some sleep, recover and recharge my batteries well enough, to continue my battle with above mentioned Officers, once again, starting sharp at 1030 AM tomorrow morning.

Please visit the websites of CIC and different SIC's and do a simple search for "university examination marks" or "examination marks".

Good Night !

7. Re: Can we ask for any other individuals marks from university under RTI Act

Hi Karira

Kindly go through the original post by Linardni , and you would know why I initiated this thread....

Basically Linardni has a doubt (I am writing Doubt coz the information is yet to be leagally susbtaintiated ...and Law is above truth) on a servant who he says have got his examination passed through some unfair means and thn got the promotions etc also due to same etc etc ....

And the person whoes marks he wanted to ask through RTI has done it from private Management institute etc etc

So that is how me and Mr Kushal were replying in the above mode..

As the information he is asking has a different aim all to gather...

He is not just asking for information but he would use it for a personal and individual susbtaintiations....

He is doing a great job , by getting some one penalized or aprehend as he / she used unfair means to get marksheet and thn promotions etc.

That is how...I would like you to go through the other pasted post of Linardni and suggest him further as you are to experinced in figthing Battles every day ( your reply quote "to continue my battle with above mentioned Officers")...

Since Both of you are fighting battles I am sure you would be the right person to suggest Linardni...

And I am so impressed by looking in your regular battle against commercial tax officers etc too...

Great You have the Right to battle ...after all that is why RTI is

Good day

Lindrani Thread Paste: The reason why I initiated this thread..Do guide him for further battles pl

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>THREAD
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ask-rt...procedure.html
    <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Can I implement RTI Act to get information from a Management Institute about the major and minor specialization subjects in MBA of any student of a specific session?
    Last edited by Abhinav Bohare; 14-08-07 at 07:41 AM. Reason: gramer

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Abhinav,
    Thank you.
    When it comes to the RTI Act, I will help the Devil himself !
    Karira

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android