Central Information Commission
Dated, the 20th September, 2006
- Name of the Appellant : Sh. S. Ramakrishnan, 22 Surendra Nagar, 4th Street, Adambakkam, Chennai – 600 088
- Name of the Public Authority: Indian Bank, Customer Service Cell, 66, Rajaji Salai, Chennai – 600 001.
- The appellant had sought the following information:
- Form 16 for the financial year 2003-04;
- AUF-1 programme details like the source code etc.
- The CPIO responded but the appellant was not satisfied. He filed his 1st appeal to the appellate authority, who observed that:“Our Public Information Officer vide his reply dated 18.4.2006 has informed that Form 16 for the financial year 2003-04 was issued to all the employees by you. Accordingly, you should have taken your Form 16 also and at present, it is informed that as there is no data available in the computer, the same could not be provided to you.
As regards the information on original source code of the AUF 1 programme the information sought by you falls under the ambit of ‘Commercial Confidence’, ‘Personal information involving no public activity or interest’ and is exempted under the section 8(1)(d) and section 8(1)(j) of 2 Right to Information Act, 2005. As such I uphold the decision of the Public Information Officer.”
- Thus, the exemption claimed by the appellate authority u/s 8(1)(d) & (j) of the act is justified.
- The appeal is accordingly disposed of.
(Prof. M.M. Ansari)