Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apathy to RTI BY West Bengal Govt

I have sent 4 mails to Hon'ble Minister-In-Charge of Land and Land Reforms Department, Govt Of West Bengal and 2 mails to Chief Minister just to learn who will be the SPIO or responsible officer under RTI ACT in " State Rent Control Authority" office.

Millions of rupees are deposited with State Rent Control Authority by the tenants who has dispute with Landlords.

It is a very difficult and serpentine route when Landlords want to withdraw money from Rent Control Offices.

RTI ACT 2005 provides golden opportunity to all Landlords to find out the quantum of deposits by tenant and date of actual refund after making refund application.

Hence there is no response from Govt Of West Bengal to appoint or inform me about the designated officer under RTI ACT in State Rent Control Office.

› Find content similar to: Apathy to RTI BY West Bengal Govt

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Apathy to RTI BY West Bengal Govt

Hello Dabashis Basu,
    Welcome to RTI India. Kindly post your queries in the relevant forum.
    Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Kushal !

I have no queries at this moment. Many thanks for your offer. I have already fired a notice To the Chief Secretary of Govt Of West Bengal under section 4(1)b of RTI ACT 2005. To add more teeth to my application, this I have done as application under RTI ACT with Rs 10/- court fee affixed.

I just love this RTI ACT 2005. This will certainly make our Government to function in a transparent manner and "correctly". This act is real power weapon to citizen of India.

My profession does not allow me much free time. Otherwise, I would have love to devote more time in propagating the virtues of RTI ACT and give training on how to use RTI ACT to avoid costly legal expenses to the extent possible.

CHEERS.
    Debashis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Debasis,
    I am glad on going through your message. As you mentioned, I also do love this effective weapon, and I am very much in need of some suggestion and help from a person like you, who wants to give training on how to use RTI Act . Please reply to my mails which you will receive from this end--- Thanking you,
    Abhijeet

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

abhijeet,
    May I suggest that you also share with the forum and not only by emails.
    That way, others will also learn something and be encouraged to use RTI.
    We need as many hands as possible....so it is better to have 200 people rather than only 2 of you sharing and discussing.
    Unless, of course the matter is confidential or personal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Karira

I have joined recently. Have some some confusion about posting in "Forum" rather than replying email.

This mail came to my Gmail account. Hence I had replied from Gmail. How can I reply it from 'Forum' instead of replying one to one basis. Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Debashis
    Last edited by Debashis Basu; 15-08-07 at 12:07 PM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Debashis,

What I meant was, that instead of only you and Abhijeet discussing some subject privately by email, it will benefit others also if the discussion takes place on the forum.
    A good way would be, if you receive a email or a pm from a member , direct to your email account, please request him to post the matter in the relevant section of the forum. He will also benefit because apart from suggestions/advice/guidance from you, he will also get replies/comments from other members.
    Sometimes, you will also get emails and pm's from members who do not want to discuss the matter in public (for some reason or the other). In that case, it is perfectly fine if you answer/discuss directly to mintain privacy. There are a few threads started by Abhinav and myself which start with "A member of this forum has asked me for ............". That is done just to protect the privacy of the person.
    Hope this clarifies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Karira,
    I am eager to post it in the relevant section in the forum, but how to send it properly ? So, I used to send it by e-mail or by pm as you mentioned. Please let me know how to send any message to all the Forum members. Because it will be much helpful for all of us . We should use effectively the weapon of RTI Act against the corruption. In one famous Bengali poem it goes like this ' A peculier darkness has covered us, our society...the blind ( in other sense) is able see more than the others. The world is governed by those persons who don't have love, affection towards the society, towards the common people..." Let us fight against , it- that should be our objective in 15th August, 60 th anniversary.
    Abhijeet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android