Thread: If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out

Quote Originally Posted by rahjai_82 View Post
    Hi friends,

My Name is Rahul,

I am a Lawyer from Bombay.

Very much active in RTI filed.

Dear Mr. Rahul

I am aware that I can not get the ACR being viewed nor ask for a copy from my employer.

As per the Pormotion policy the last three years ACR are averaged (weighted) based on the performence like outstanding, v, good etc.,.

My query is If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out. Though I am not asking the copy of ACR.

Pl. add more opinion on the said subject.

Prabhakar mv.
    (Email link deleted)

› Find content similar to: If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 14-08-07 at 05:11 PM. Reason: live email link deleted to prevent spamming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out

Quote Originally Posted by prabhu40 View Post
    My query is If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out. Though I am not asking the copy of ACR.

Pl. add more opinion on the said subject.

Prabhakar mv.
    (Email link deleted)
    Yes you can ask, however, if I were in your shoes, I would ask for the copies of rules in maintaining ACRs and also on the copy of guidelines on what action to be taken if ACRs are missing, misplaced or lost.

To the best of my mind and believe, missing ACRs have to be prepared afresh and reported / reviewed upon. A certificate to this effect has to be attached with the ACR and put up to a committee. In some cased an inquiry is carried out.

Manoj

Re: If no ACR is available say for last two years Can I ask the employer how the average was worked out

Pl let us know about the department or ministry concerned

Policies in Para Military and Armed forces are bit different when nit comes to ACR informations etc

And most importantly are you aksing for information pertaining to your own ACR or others

One of threads started by Mr Kushal on ACR , where in ACR should be disclosed under RTI act or not ....is discussed ...here also you would get several clauses pertaining to ACR information etc...

But Do let us know

Is it you own ACR

Dept or Ministry

And is the employee permanent , quasi permanent or temporary

Thx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply.

I am working for a public sector under MOPNG.

I am a permanenet employee

As per the present promotion policy I am entitled to call for next grade promotion after 4 years. NO DPC was held immediately after 4 yers. Instead it was held on 7th year. Hence 6 years ACR to be considered. Out of which last three year ACR carries 40% and 10% for all the 6ACRs. My question is is some ACRs are missing out of 6ACRs how it is considered. Can it be ignored and the remaing ACRs can be considered for Ave. purpose.

Iam asking for my own case.

Can I ask for the Marks awarded to me along with the break up and basis.The break up details are as follows.

AS per the policy 10% is for additional Qualification, 25% is for the current job experience, 50% for ACRs and 15% is for Personal Discussion.

Pl. suggest my How I should frame a question to get the above details.

Prabhakar mv

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Yes defenitely you can ask. Mr.mpai has amply clarified the position. In any case you have to find out as to how last two years ACRs are not available. Were the ACRs of last two years initiated ? In case of non-initiation "Non-initiation" report has to be on records justifying the reasons for non-initiation. In case they were initiated and missing, issue is different. In case the missing ACRs are of high average reports than the previious ones it could be manipulation to bring you down or could be even vice-versa. As Mr.mpai has explained, the ACRs of missing periods are to be initiated by the then officers responsible or the reviewing officers if the initiating officer has retired.Reasons for their missing has to be explored. Please do not hesitate to pursue if you think your last 2 years ACRs were better ones or you are likely to get better ACRs by fresh initiationfor the missing period.

Your have a solution from both the above members

And All you need in prompt and intelligent Action

Do go ahead

As far as ACR information under RTI Act is concerned it has many limitation

And moreover its about your own ACR information , therefore it is not even required to get nay RTI in between ...as suggested by Colonel and Mpai ...Pl go ahead

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prabhu40 View Post
    As per the present promotion policy I am entitled to call for next grade promotion after 4 years. NO DPC was held immediately after 4 yers. Instead it was held on 7th year. Hence 6 years ACR to be considered. Out of which last three year ACR carries 40% and 10% for all the 6ACRs. My question is is some ACRs are missing out of 6ACRs how it is considered. Can it be ignored and the remaing ACRs can be considered for Ave. purpose.

Can I ask for the Marks awarded to me along with the break up and basis.The break up details are as follows.

AS per the policy 10% is for additional Qualification, 25% is for the current job experience, 50% for ACRs and 15% is for Personal Discussion.

Prabhakar mv
    For a change, in excemptional cases like yours, Prabhakar, you are fully entitled to ask about the details and grading on ACR. Though they are exempt, you have unknowingly pointed out a big loophole in your department. Let me tell you the secret (or blunder in your PA RR)

Since you have pointed out that since 50% marks are awarded to you basis of your ACR, you have a right to know about the grading. There had been a similar case earlier in a Deptt. in Bombay, I don't recall the name, where the applicant requested that since there is grading like you said for qualifications, experience, group discussions and ACR as well, you need to know how you have fared. If your ACR gradings are good, then you will appear in the group discussion. So its your prerogative whether you participate or not.

Press for this on the same ground. I bet either they will allow you to know the grading, or like what all seasoned babus do, they will plug the loop hole of 50% marks for ACR. The same thing happened to this guy from Bombay. So best, go in for the RTI Application seeking info on your ACR grading, in addition to what was discussed earlier.

When you receive an answer, inform our fellow members in RTI India. They will guide you. I also bet, that your own officers (PIOs / AA) should be reading this post.

After all transparency rules

Manoj