Topic Identifier

Thread: Missing file

1. Missing file

Dear members

In response to a query, I received answer from the CPIO. However, when I asked for the file, I was told that it is missing. This office has back up copies of all important documents in electronic format. This includes scanned copies of the necessary papers and remarks by officials on what is called "noting sheets". They are willing to show me that and they are also willing to issue a certificate to the effect that these are genuine document copies and is a true reflection of the original documents. Can I insist that the original written papers should be produced in this situation? Very honestly speaking, I also believe that the electronic format papers are indeed genuine.

Regards

Akanksha

2. Re: Missing file

Quote Originally Posted by akanksha.chopra View Post
    This includes scanned copies of the necessary papers and remarks by officials on what is called "noting sheets". They are willing to show me that and they are also willing to issue a certificate to the effect that these are genuine document copies and is a true reflection of the original documents. Can I insist that the original written papers should be produced in this situation? Very honestly speaking, I also believe that the electronic format papers are indeed genuine.
    Akanksha
    Since they are willing to give you a certificate that these are genuine document copies, shows their co-operative nature. So why hassle over it. Accept the copy, even if its in digital format.

Also don't spoil your relationship with such co-operative PIOs. If you insist on original written papers, they will thrust Section 7(9) under your nose, which you will not be able to escape from.

Best wishes

Manoj

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android