Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

CIC's Legal Advisor's clarification of use of RTI byGovernment Servants

Current week's concern expressed by various RTI Activists is on "Information Commissioner Mr.Tiwwari's pronouncement during his hearing that "Government servants are not allowed to use RTI Act from to-day. . . .". In response to my e-mail on this issue to Prof KK Nigam, Legal Advisor to CIC, he has clarified the issue to-day within his constraints. Quote " Since August 17, morning when I received the e-mail from Col Kurup captioned ' Government Servants are not allowed to use RTI Act from to-day ..... IC. Tiwari' I have frantically made several enquiries of any such decision has been delivered from the Office of the Chief Information Commissioner. With this the ghost of the decision and the consequent scare should be laid torest . . . . .KK Nigam" Unquote . This imply that the above pronouncement of Mr.Tiwari appears not given effect by CIC.

› Find content similar to: CIC's Legal Advisor's clarification of use of RTI byGovernment Servants

Name:
    vijendra singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: CIC's Legal Advisor's clarification of use of RTI byGovernment Servants

Dear Kurup , Intentions of the highest commission are seem not to be good at all.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 06-08-08 at 07:53 PM.