Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

whether Pio at RPO would be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

Hi everyone,

I have a confusion whether PIO at RPO (Regional Passport Office?) would also be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

If I check the status of my application at the "http://passport.chd.nic.in/" it tells me the status as "Police Report has not been received."
    I wonder if RPO would be able to do something about it, or shall i have to write a different application addressing to different PIO who can get me information from Police Department.

Thanks for all the info I have got so far on this site.

Best Regards.

› Find content similar to: whether Pio at RPO would be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: whether Pio at RPO would be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

Dear Budhiraja

You can put an application under RTI Act after paying the necessary RTI Application fee applicable to your state with following questions :

1. My application for passport under reference.................was filed on date............ When it was sent for police verification ?

2. What is the normal practice of your department for mode of dispatch to Police department ?

3. How does your department keeps record of such dispatch to police department for verification?

4. What is the acknowledgement procedure by Police department which Regional Passport Officer accept as good dlivery ?

5. What is the dispatch record of my passport application under reference............... to Police department ?

6. What is the receipt acknowledgement by Police department given to you which Regional Passport Officer has accepted as good delivery of my passport application under reference..............

7. What is the normal response time by Police Department to complete such verification ?

8. (i) Please furnish me dispatch details with receipt acknowledgement date and receipt of Police verification report date at Regional Passport Office and issue date of passports by your office of last 100 (one hundered) Passport Application who are immediately before me in chronological manner

(ii) If there are any out of turn delivery of Passport by your Regional Passport Office in last six (6) monthsdue to quick receipt of Police Verification report than normal response time as per your stated answer in point no. 7 in this application under RTI Act 2005. Please provide me a list og all such cases in last six (6) months

9. Besides written reply, I would like to excercise my rights to inspect all documents and file notings in respect of my above questions under RTI Act 2005.

CHEERS

Debashis

Re: whether Pio at RPO would be able to give information about application which is stuck at the police department for verification?

You can get further details besides online support from the link RTI

Earlier also similar probs were faced by some of other members who after exercising the above RTI link got the informations etc

Be Postive (even in case the Blood group is different) that the above reply and this thread would get you the information pertaining to your problem

And also check with local police authorities i.e. FRRO under SP Dist Office, that have they sent your verification or not.

I hope they must have came to you when the verification was conducted.

In case you still face Police verification delay there is a Annx G in the passport form wherein you require attestation of local SDM etc (do check the list) and the submission of same is useful in going pass the long police and DM verifications etc

This form "G" is basically used for TATKAL scheme too

Do check out the suggestions

I got my passport in 24 hours under TATKAL scheme and Annx "G"

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Debashis and Abhinav for all your help.
    I still have few days to go before passport office's stipulated 45 days wait period expires. I will submit my RTI application soon after and update the status of the same here. I hope it will work and become yet another success story of the power given to us in the form of RTI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pbuddhiraja View Post
    Thanks Debashis and Abhinav for all your help.
    I still have few days to go before passport office's stipulated 45 days wait period expires. I will submit my RTI application soon after and update the status of the same here. I hope it will work and become yet another success story of the power given to us in the form of RTI
    Just Question No.1 & 7 as described by Debashis should suffice in your case in addition to giving a few sleepless nights to the respondents.

Manoj

I agree with Manoj , that Point 1 and 7 would serve the purpose...

But I would also request you to work out rather than working out the passport..

End of the day You need a passport and all that you are doing is not only to get justice but to also get a passport for your self..

And I am sure you would get both by keeping a balance